What's new

S15 turbo elbows/dump pipes

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on turbo elbows (or dump pipes if you prefer). I'm planning to get a Blitz Nur Spec RX or HKS silent hi-power cat back for my S15, but I want to eventually have a full 3" turbo back with a sports cat. I've found a Tomei Expreme on RHD Japan but it would be nice to know if there are any UK supplied alternatives. Also downpipes, any recommendations? Or am I best getting a custom elbow and downpipe made up instead of getting bolt ons? I've tried a Google search but the majority of stuff I read about is based in Australia.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
branded i think is the best way to go as you know it will definitely fit so anything from blitz, tomei, hks etc is all good. some people (myself included) run a flexi down pipe so it takes some of the stress off the manifold and turbo under engine loads. Personally i think a sports cat is a waste of time for 2 reasons: A- you wont get as much flow as with a decat therefore less power and B)- Its a 20 minute job to swap out the standard cat for MOT's

but thats just my two pence worth :)

Reaction score
I'm looking and changing my turbo gaskets and fitting my nismo downpipe, so thought i would upgrade the turbo elbow, while i'm there. Does anyone know if anyone in the uk would stock genuine japanese ones, or realistically am i going to have to get it shipped from japan?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Tomei elbow is universal between s14/15 and I would assume other brands are too . The only difference is they add an adaptor for the skinny type o2 sensor. Apex used to have stock of the tomei but not sure now .

Reaction score
Country
^ Was just looking at them earlier today. Supposedly flows way better than their old design.