What's new

If you have a set of RAYS please read :-)

J

just_laze

Hi,

I'm in the process of ordering a set of Gramlight 57pros.

They're paid for but I'm really concerned about getting the sizes right.

If you have a pair of RAYS on your car can you please post pictures of your front and rear arches clearly showing where the wheels sit in relation to the arch.

I don't want my wheels to end up sitting beyond the arch, but then I don't want them sitting too far in!

I think the only way to be sure is to find someone with a set of RAYS wheels that's got it 'just right' and ask what size their wheels are.

Please help!

laze.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
here are some pics of mine.
They're 8.5" wide and offset + 30

Very close to hitting the strut in the front. I've only got a couple of mm to spare.
they stick out slightly a the front too. Should be OK with the 225/40R18 tyres. we'll see when the snow clears and the car gets out if I need to roll or flare the arches.

I haven't noticed any issues in the back.

Front. wheels are very sligtly turned to the right (looking from the drivers position)

Rear

J

just_laze

Hey,

I think so far I'd decided to go for a 18x9.5 on the rear with a +40 offset. This would mean they'd sit exactly the same as yours with my extra offset cancelling out the extra width?

laze.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hey,

I think so far I'd decided to go for a 18x9.5 on the rear with a +40 offset. This would mean they'd sit exactly the same as yours with my extra offset cancelling out the extra width?

laze.
the rears should be fine. I don't know how much room I've got on the inside though.

My rears are running a bit on negative camber. So with the camber adjusted, the top of the wheels should come out a bit.

Reaction score
i've got 17" on mine... i'll get pic's later if i can find somewhere light enough to see what's going on.

fronts are 7.5" and the rears are 8"

J

just_laze

Have you got a picture that follows the side of the car? As I can't really gain a decent perspective in the above image.

Thanks.

laze.

J

just_laze

Hey,

I think I've decided on:

F 18x8 +30
R 18x9 +40

Will they hit the strut on the front?

laze.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They should be OK. I've got 18x8.5 on +32 offset all round. They are fine at the back, but could sit further in. The fronts only just clear the suspension. Your fronts should be good. Can't say 100% for the back, but I have a feeling they will :)

J

just_laze

Brill,

Thanks for your input Nicely.

While you're lurking around the thread, rather than start a new one... I don't suppose you'd be able to provide me with the model number of each front bulb - beams, main and side?

Thanks,

laze.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think the sizes you listed on the previous page are the ones to go for, i have 8j ET35 at the front with a 5mm spacer to clear the coilovers, they are very close to the sturt and needed the 5mm to miss them.

I have 8j on the rear ET35, If i ever get round to buying some 9j rears i'd go for ET40, shouldnt have issue with strut clearance, and if its in to far for your liking you can always get spacers :thumbs:, you cant however, cut anything off the wheel if they stick out to far.

J

just_laze

Good stuff,

I've placed my order but there's a lead time of... wait for it... 3 1/2 months!

They're due to arrive early July :'(

laze.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ouch :eek:
That's a very very long time.
I've heard that Rays aren't the fastest fishes in the water, but never though they would be this slow.