What's new

outdoor car covers?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Did you get to touch them? What was the side that touched the car like? Monsoon looks like it would suit my needs - ideal for weekend used outdoor stored cars - £135 for the Silvia is damn good value too if they work!!

Sent using Tapatalk
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
I might take a punt on it, 135 is cheaper than the other one I was looking at.. I will let you know if I go for it

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OK I've bought the Monsoon cover, I was chatting to the guys there and they said the Monsoon is best for over winter. They have it in stock and gave me free delivery.

Its actually the same place I bought my current cover from (Voyager) many years ago..

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for the delay but it hasn't been cold enough to warrant putting the cover on.

So the cover, its a lot heavier than my last cover (from the same company), it has a under mess that is soft to the touch but only thin. Fitment is pretty good, not perfect. Overall it's OK and will do the job, it was pretty cheap to start with so wasn't expecting a tailored fit.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah all good, it's only been on a day but its definitely water proof. I've got some humidifiers I need to put in the car so will do that next week and check it over.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah fine, it's off now as its warmer and the salt isn't on the road anymore. It did what it needed to do :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Did it affect the paintwork at all? Did the rain soak through at all?

Reaction score
Country
Having had similar bad experiences with covers, I've also taken to leaving mine to brave the elements! Touch wood has been ok so far.

Reaction score
Country
Having had similar (bad) experiences, I've taken to leaving mine to brave the elements without a cover. Touch wood has been ok so far!