What's new

Any idea to widen our s15?

S

silviac

Just wondering if any of you have any idea how to widen the car properly so it can be used daily.

I heard there is a wide arm kit which brings out 25mm each. Then the suspension angles more hence more camber.

I want to widen my car a wee bit more than normal wide kit size but still want to fit something like 9" so I can drive it normally.

I suppose there is no real method here..isn't there?

Also if the wheel gets further out, the centre of turning point moves further also stress the suspension more since the weight distribution is further out.

Anyone ever thought about these type of setup?

V

Vandal

I'm confused as well. What exactly is the issue you're having? I can use my car daily without any difficulty :p

Are you talking about a widebody, adjusting camber or actually increasing the width of the car by lengthening the axle?

If you have a lot of negative camber, rear arms will be the way to go in getting more rubber to the ground. They just return the wheels to a more 'neutral' position though, and don't actually widen the car.

S

silviac

I must have been on something..... lol even I can't understand fully.... maybe one of those post when I write at night time lol or its too complicated and i tried to write in hurry.

I'm planning to widebody my car.

Having said that, I want to folk out around 90mm on each side. But then I have to use something like 12" deeeep dish type wheels which I don't really like. (yeah.. i know some of you like Meisters) I still want to use something like 9" with offset around +one digit. With help of 25mm spacer or 25mm arm kit, I calculated it will bring out around 65mm from factory fender.

Just wondering if anyone understands how much it will affect/stress on suspension as the centre of mass has moved out further. Will it be a lot of stress hence fail in long term?