What's new

Factory Xenons + MOT

Reaction score
Country
Hi all, just had my local garage that I take all my cars to get MOT'd turn around and say my S15 won't pass due to the Xenons. They're saying the new MOT rules state that all cars with xenon lights need cleaning devices which the S15 obviously didn't come with.. Anyone else had this issue?

Is it possible to fit normal bulbs in these headlights just for the MOT?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
That's exactly what I thought and exactly the point a put across. They weren't budging. I'll have a look through those manuals. Thanks for the links!

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Go find another MOT station, that's utter rubbish as they are factory fitted.

Reaction score
Country
How do they expect cars manufactured 10 years prior to these regulations to meet them?

I'd mention this to them and take some proof with you, its been badly worded by VOSA it seems.

If they don't budge, go elsewhere and never return. :) Its concerning an MOT Center does not understand the MOT regulations..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Find another garage, they seem like plonkers.
My EP3 used to pass every year with aftermarket xenons in projectors.

Reaction score
Country
I've rang up VOSA and explained; the garage are definitely in the wrong and I've passed the information on. I can technically appeal the MOT and get a part refund. Will hopefully be all sorted tomorrow!

It's definitely the wording of part 1.7 of the manual. Very vague indeed..

Reaction score
Country
Thought as much!
I'd be jumping up and down on the spot demanding a new, free MOT for their error.

The manual is a bit vague on that area but the MOT station should know better.

Let us know how it goes!

Reaction score
Country
If ya still having probs with your MOT Center I will direct you to one in Birmingham who will sort you out.

Reaction score
Country
If ya still having probs with your MOT Center I will direct you to one in Birmingham who will sort you out.
LazyD, where abouts in Birmingham? I don't need it done till June / July next year but normally go to my father-in-laws and have a thorough check over the car before i go for my MOT and he lives in Sutton Coldfield.