What's new

Any American Members Please Read

K

KurlyFryz

Hi guys I just bacame a new member, but i have a problem im 18 yrs. old live in California and have been wanting to buy an S15 and haven't been able to find one:cry: . Do you guys think u can help me with this? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Alex aka

KurlyFryz

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Welcome to the club. The reality is that you cant import one into the US legally as its too new of a car. Mind you there are still other S15's in your country which were delivered in pieces then reasembled as kit cars. Question is, is it worth it?

K

KurlyFryz

Thanks for the welcomes and for some info:thumbs: . Yeah i think ill check nissansilvia.com. but if i dont get ill either go for the S13 or S14 what would u guys suggest on which one to get?:)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanks for the welcomes and for some info:thumbs: . Yeah i think ill check nissansilvia.com. but if i dont get ill either go for the S13 or S14 what would u guys suggest on which one to get?:)
you could also try www.freshalloy.com. I know there are some threads regarding S15 importing to the US.

Tough call between the S13 and S14. S14 is a newer car and should be better. But the S13 is rare (at least over here in Europe) and the engine specs is pretty much the same.

I would have gone with the Silvia S13. I like rare cars ;)

K

KurlyFryz

180SX,200SX,180SX which one?

Well if im not able to find a Silvia right now(since its hard to get one in the us) im thinking of going for one of the SX's, but which one, ahhh that's the question now.:p

So there selling this 180sx in my block, haven't been able to find a 200sx, just started looking for a 240sx. So do u think i should buy the 180? Sorry i ask for so much help just started reading about cars and dont have anyone around to talk to about cars so im kind of still new at this:cry: .

V

Vandal

I quite like the 180sx. You could always do an s15 front conversion (strawberry face?) down the track, but as they are rare in the States, wreckers probably wouldn't have any s15 half cuts.

They (180s) are cheap as chips over here and are quite common.

You will need to swap engines though, as I think the US only got the crappy n/a KA? Put in an SR20DET (s14 would be good) and you're set.