What's new

Photo's wanted: exhausts

Reaction score
Country
well the time has come to make the S15 a fair bit quieter due to a house move and I need to see a few pictures of various exhaust to see how they sit and look etc

Also I would like some info on the noise levels of different systems, for example idle noise, full throttle, motorway driving etc

at the moment I have a 3" turbo back system that has a japspeed mid section and tail pipe so its very loud :nod:

cheers guys :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went with a Nismo exhaust when i wanted to quieten mine down. it sits REALLY well, hugs the underside of the body far more than my old HKS system increasing ground clearance and sits much tighter against the bumper. 95% of the time its brilliant, for those occasions when you want to be a bit loud and showy off it doesn't quite satisfy. Overall i'm very pleased with it and would buy it again without hesitation, only downside is that its a 2.5" (or 2.75") not 3" system.

I cant get any pictures at the moment as my camera on my phone has decided to die.

Reaction score
Country
I really want a 3" system as I ve just gone through the hassle of having a 3" down pipe made so its going to have to be the same diameter, thanks for the info though :nod:

Ive been looking at the Kaki regu system and also the hks silent hi power anyone running these?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
My HKS silent power is perfect I reckon. Ive got 3"Downpipe and decat and it's not too noisy. Came in at 96db on track day.

Reaction score
Country
Ah cheers sam, I was always worried the silent hi power was a really quiet system so that's good to know, the main thing I want to keep down is the idle noise, the system I got now is just so loud on idle one of the guys in my street said it was moving the pictures on his wall haha

Reaction score
Country
anyone got the kakimoto regu exhaust? really like the look of that system

Reaction score
Country
I've got a kakimoto regu. Got it imported over summer. It's perfect in every way imaginable.
Check my build thread. :)

Reaction score
Country
just realised this has 2.5" pipe too :( I want to stick with a 3" pipe, the regu sounds really good, get some nice pops too :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
The kakimoto is 80mm main pipe diameter. That's just over 3 inches :)
With a decat it pops and flames all the time, lol.

Reaction score
Country
That's sr20de! It's 3inches mate don't worry, measured it for the decat when it arrived too.

Reaction score
Country
sweet, that exhaust may be the choice then, the hks hi power silent seems a bit too on the quiet side, does the regu come with a silencer insert? and what size is the backbox tip?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
cheers mate, that looks and sits perfect in my eyes but its just too quiet for an ASBO loony like myself :rotfl:

Reaction score
Country
sweet, that exhaust may be the choice then, the hks hi power silent seems a bit too on the quiet side, does the regu come with a silencer insert? and what size is the backbox tip?
Nah it doesn't come with a silencer. It's JASMA rated so very civilised, even with a decat.
Think the exit is 110mm.

The one thing I would say is that the centre box hangs very low. It'll catch on speed bumps if the car is lowered and you're not careful. Most bumps shouldn't be a problem of navigated properly :)

I sometimes wish it was a tad louder, but after living with a straight through Spoon system on my old type r, I don't think I could do it again, hahah! It's nice and loud when you've got your foot down, which is perfect.

Reaction score
Country
ok thanks for the info, being a low hanging box is a bit of a put off but Im sure I could live with that because I tend to avoid speed humps anyway and my car is only a weekend toy.

I think with my top mount gt30 and 3" turbo back to this system should sound decent.

One thing I have thought about is removing my straight mid section and having a silencer welded in but its hard to know what its going to sound like and if its going to silence it enough

Reaction score
Country
If it helps, i've caught mine twice, it literally JUST nicked it once, then the second time was a hella scrape.

Reaction score
Country
dont look too bad, but I suppose I few good hits would take its toll on the box, what's the clearance like between the box and the chassis? does it hit at all because my system at the moment is very close