What's new

Insurance issues

Reaction score
Country
Guys,

My car is finally registered with the DVLA, although the insurance companies can't find it on the database!! I am having problems getting quotes with a number of insurers refusing insurance on the modifications, these are listed as;

Oz Alloy wheels
NISMO Suspension
Blitz Induction Kit
Cat back exhaust system
Oil cooler
Blitz turbo timer
GReddy gauges
Dmax tail lights
NISMO clear side repeaters
HKS SSQV
Toad AI606 alarm & immobiliser

I am 34 with 9 years no claims, no accidents, convicting or points on my licence. The only one who would quote me is Adrian Flux with £420. I have tried;

Adrian Flux (as above)
LV - refused
Premium Choice - refused
Chris Knott - been awaiting call back for over an hour with a quote.

Can anybody recommend any one else to try please?

Reaction score
Country
Green light :thumbs:

420 isn't bad but I wouldn't touch flux with a s**ty stick.

Reaction score
Country
I had the same problem, I hadn't owned a RWD car before.
Went with Flux for about £600.

Reaction score
Country
As mentioned, Adrian flux, greenlight, Chris Knott and sky are the big ones for modified/imports.

You'll hear folk say don't use them, use this one instead. If you dig enough they all have a bad rep at some time in the past.

Reaction score
Country
I've gone with Adrian Flux, took the wife off the named driver list and got the policy down to £330 for the year with the stipulation that it must be kept in a locked garage from 10pm - 6am whenever it is within 1km of my home address. Never had that requirement before!!

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Sorry didn't see you'd already gone with flux, my phone must not have updated the thread.

The thing with flux I hated was all the forms you have to sign and literally send back the day you get them or they threaten to cancel.
I'd only go back with them if they were a lot lot cheaper, been with sky for a few years now.