What's new

s15 price issues

Reaction score
Anyone else have people bitching about the price of their silvia when it's up for sale? I have had messages from people saying stick to my price and then a bunch of idiots telling me it's over priced comparing it to 10k cars. The car owes me 26k at least and I fully exept I'll lose a ton of money on it but I will not let it go too cheap when I'll happily keep it!!
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Spec list-replacement low mileage 42kms s15 det, 6sp box and diff put in, gt2871r, apexi d jet pfc with El display hand controller, nismo 740's, fmic, apexi filter, tomei rocker arm stoppers and coilpack cover, maf delete pipe, apex stainless intake pipe, hks cam gear for vvt delete, mnp3 rocker cover, greddy polished inlet manifold, spare 2way spec R diff, spec R auto diff fitted, greddy full titanium cat back, decat, twin down pipe, ss elbow, tubular manifold, hks oil cap, alloy rad, d spec rad cap, Sard fpr, z32 fuel filter, walbro fuel pump, ngk hr8 plugs, new exedy hyper single clutch and fly, apex gen2 coilovers, cusco adjustable arms, cusco rear strut brace, dc sports front strut brace, r32 Gtr front brake conversion, evo 8 front seats, rare nissan suade inserted door cards, carbon center consol and cooling panel, dmax rear lights, work Meister 10j et -23 fronts 13j et -35 rears, new yoko advans all round 315/30/18's on the 13j's, yashio hand brake button, aem wide band, A pillar podless Nissan cover fitted (rare), sony double din dvd/cd player, nismo clocks, boost gauge think it was greddy, oil cooler not yet fitted tho, full BN sports blister wide arch kit widened even more 150mm wider each side on the rear and 70mm on the front, nismo rear spoiler, dmax roof spoiler yet to be fitted but inc, custom pearl white with purple and custom colour on the wheels pink/purple, bride low max seat rails, nismo duracon gear knob, nismo indicators, seibon carbon bonnet, L package hid headlights, GReddy profec b black ebc, blitz turbo timer. Car is one with sunroof was pearl white out the factory. Cat 1 Clifford alarm. Done 600kms since build and has 9 months mot.
[/COLOR]

Reaction score
As I said on FB I hope you get the money you want ,
I personally think you'll be better off breaking the car if you want rid of it .
Going on what cars are selling for atm £12-13k is max .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
There is no way in hell I'll sell that car for under 15 grand!!!!!! It's insured for more than that. 13k is offensive let alone 12k your dreaming.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Modding a car hardly ever adds value though unfortunately, it's just a fact of modding any car. I can't actually find your car for sale anywhere so I'm not sure what you have it up for.

Thing is your car is an acquired taste unfortunately, so you have/are severely limiting the market that it appeals to.

People in my experience with S15's would rather pay 11/12k for a full aero kitted car from the factory, than more money for one that has had a lot of body work done to it.

Reaction score
The thing that's pissing me off is all the people that have no money or interest in the car trashing for sale listings. If no ones interested at my price then fine pm me a cash offer or move on to the next car for sale! I've removed it from the for sale listings.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Yeah - I don't agree with people that do that.

If you are interested in car, or have something positive to say fine, but if you have no intention of buying it then posting about the price etc in someone's advert is retarded.

Reaction score
Exactly I don't get why 90% of the car scene is a key board warrior!!!

Reaction score

This sold for £12500 last year , people told me I wouldn't sell it as it was pretty much the most expensive S15 for sale at the time.

I can see you've put a lot of money into the car but most of it doesn't add to re-sale value unfortunately.

They are the most expensive S-body but there is a max price and atm I'm seeing £12-13k at max sell.
At the end of the day it's still a 13yr old Nissan .

If you want to get your money back , or as close to , you will have to break it buddy.

Reaction score
If it doesn't sell I don't care I just don't want the idiots trashing adverts.

Reaction score
Country
Its the internet, its something you have to deal with unfortunately.

Regardless of what you think its worth, its only truly worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that will always be compared to the market value of the cars. You've modded your car making it more unique which is great, but your looking for a buyer who has all of the following:

1. The Money
2. The same taste in mods
3. The desire for an S15

You've effectivly narrowed down your possible buyers to a much smaller number.

Sit on the price for 3 months and see what happens.

Reaction score
I'm only selling because my dream Gtr has just been put up for sale and I need 15k for that so that really is my bottom dollar on my 15 I only put 17 so people who were interested had haggle room.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Daniel- put it up forsale on here and I'll keep the thread clean.

But rubix cube makes very good and realistic points so it would be good to listen.

It's a good market at the mo but not that good, you'll have to accept it mate. I'm not sure how you spent 26k on it but you will be lucky to see half that. We are not being offensive but realistic, there's a difference

Reaction score
You'll be suprised how quick cost mount up but the wheels and tyres owe me 4k alone. I'm not all that fussed if it sells tbh so I'll put it up for what I'll part with it for and if the Gtr sells in the time it's up I won't sell it at all.

Reaction score
Daniel- put it up forsale on here and I'll keep the thread clean.

But rubix cube makes very good and realistic points so it would be good to listen.

It's a good market at the mo but not that good, you'll have to accept it mate. I'm not sure how you spent 26k on it but you will be lucky to see half that. We are not being offensive but realistic, there's a difference
It's cost him a lot as it started life as a Spec S Sam .
Obviously engine /box all the other **** is big money when added together !

Reaction score
Like I said if no one wants it at the price I want I'll keep it and continue with the build. It might be expensive but if someone wants it cheaper they can bring their own wheels and have it for a lot less.