What's new

suspiciously low price S15 opjp

Reaction score
Country
After being a member of a number of clubs a groups I came across a dealer called opjp. They seem to sell cars direct from japan at alot lower price than most dealers, I understand that they are grade R but this still seem a lot cheaper than most. Has anyone had any experience of them? I have seen a stock s15 R that i am interested it but its only £5k landed :eek: Am i thinking this is too good to be true? Or do you think i should do some more digging? From what i have been told from a member on another forum the supplier for them is known for selling grade R . What do people think? or do you think its best to look at a dealer such a torque-gt that will supply a grade 4 car?

Reaction score
Country
An R grade means one of two things, it's either been heavily modified beyond its original spec or it has been crash damaged. Torque GT will look at R grades as well but only bid on them after a thorough engineers report. Sometimes it's only had a small knock and you could get a bargain, other times it looks in great shape but it is only good for spare parts. Find out if an engineer has had a proper detailed look at it before the bidding process. If they have and they are satisfied that it is roadworthy then you might just have a bargain. I'm a nervous bidder so will be going with Torque GT for a grade 4 motor!!

Reaction score
Opjp do have the car independently graded before they bid on a car but will only do that once a genuine buyer is going to bid on it. As a rule cheap cars are cheap for a reason mind you but there are bargains to be had over there.