What's new

Nismo Key

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

My car came with one of these keys, but I'm a bit confused if it can be used to start the car.
It has been cut and will open the doors (just like the original key) but will not turn in the ignition for some reason, which has me completely baffled.

I'm assuming this key can't be used as I'd need an immobiliser chip..but the car does have an aftermarket Autowatch alarm and immobiliser. So I was hoping I can get the key to turn in the ignition and it may fire up, but I think I'm being very optimistic.

Anyone got one of these?

Reaction score
Country
I got a key cut and that doesn't have a chip, so I assume that your Nismo key should be able to work?
Maybe it's the barrel? A bit odd though!

(I also have an Autowatch i-mob)

Reaction score
Country
Its strange, my normal key works in both ignition and the door, but my little nismo key only turns in the door.

Your chipless key works fine starting the car with the autowatch then? Maybe the key just needs a little more shaved off to work in the ignition.
Its a nice key as well so I would like it working.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, as long as i press the fob before putting either key in it always works.

I would suggest the key needs a bit taking off dude, I had to go back to have the recently cut one fiddled with.
The problem with mine was the shoulders towards the base of the key, the guy ground them down quite a bit and it now slots in fine!

Reaction score
Country
That's good news!, I just hope too much hasn't be shaved off already, I'll take it to a locksmith soon :)

Reaction score
Country
Its not genuine, but its nicer than the stock one and came with the car when I bought it :D