What's new

Steering wheel RETRIM

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey all I've spoken to acouple people and I'm looking to get my oem wheel re-trimmed would anyone else be interested before I go get prices like that we could get a better deal. Let me know who's interested and I'll see what prices we can get

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Royal customs do leather variations for £110 or with alcantara for £130, and he gets fairly decent reviews/feedback. I've decided to try out JD Trimming, who is charging £180 so I'm hoping for a very mint job although after waiting a week I got back a mostly decent effort, except it wasn't symmetrical, so I've had to send it back. Hopefully it'll come back correct this time. I'll make sure to show pics.

Thought itd it'd be worth sharing current rates.

Reaction score
I was considering getting my worn OMP one re-trimmed when i saw this thread, but at those prices i could just buy a new wheel.

Sibbers: Will be interested to see pics of yours when its done, did you take any before sending it back?

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Tada! Not the best pic, and was taken by the guy doing the job before he sent it so hard to see any faults. It did look good, just the perforated leather on the left was an inch higher than the right which makes it looks as though it's steering right when centered. A fairly big detail tbh, I'm quite tolerant of the minor stuff but at £180 I want it done right.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I'd be up for a group buy if one was in the offing?

Reaction score
Country
I used Royal Steering Wheels on my RX8 wheel and the guy did a great job. Was £120 including thickening and thumb inserts, in black leather with red stitching.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
That looks great Justin, I would never know it wasn't the original steering wheel design. Heard lots of good things about Royal. I've mentioned the group buy to the chap redoing my wheel and said I'd show it off, so if it's any good it can be considered. Was the wheel as good as it look in the pics? the stitching looks perfect.

Reaction score
Country
Alcantara/Suede steering wheels, do they need to be re-trimmed after some time or can they be cleaned/washed to get their original smoothness back out? Reason I'm asking is because I had a cheap one and it deffo wasn't real suede and washing it actually made it worse, got really hard and stiff instead.

Reaction score
See what the group price on this comes too. I could be interested In retrimming my omp wheel, if the price isn't silly.

That perforated leather with red stitching really took my fancy, with a red centre marker instead of yellow.

Last edited:

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I'll get onto him on Monday and see what I can get for us

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Mine back from JD Trimming. To be fair, it does look pretty good. And it could be standard. Maybe.

Attachments

Reaction score
I wish this had all come up before I spent the cash on the hkb boss. Am definitely preferring the look of the retrimmed stock wheel.

Reaction score
Country
considering doing mine as well now, Not sure if I would prefer it with thumb inserts on it though.

Reaction score
Country
Defo looks better than the Nardi wheel i wanted and probably cheaper. Did you post your wheel to these people or are they local to you? JD trimming i'm referring to