What's new

Exhaust help!

Reaction score
Country
Well,

I screwed up getting a new exhaust, got a used 3", thats full system after downpipe...

It's only going to be temporary, till I can sort MOT and money for a wrap. Once that's done I'm going back to a 2.5" pipe into 3"backbox. What I wanna know is, considering mine is N/A Autech, I understand the sound will be loud as, but how much performance is going to be sacrificed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
My understanding of exhausts is it's all about flow, not back pressure, so whatever happens in order to allow the movement of hot expanded gasses to a lower pressure area is your best bet. There are theories that say a slowly thinning or downsizing is best for an NA exhaust and turbos just want nothing in the way (as the turbo itself is then the biggest restrictor) so its probaby a question you'll be able to answer best yourself once you've tried it, sadly. I'd expect performance will be improved without the cat disrupting flow.

Reaction score
Country
Ta mate! It's Decat anyhows, but thought it might have to be a case of getting it on and finding out, just wanted to see if anyone has tried or know someone who had! But no worries, ta for that buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk