Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Pierscoe1 Guest

questions for owners...

Hi all..

seriously considering getting an S15 in the new-year sometime, and have a couple of unanswered questions...

1) Do they (jap imports) require undersealing of some kind once imported? am I right in thinking that this isn't done in Japan, but is to european cars?

2) what revs is the S15 Spec-R doing in 6th at 80mph?

3) has anyone maxed one out? (standard trim) haven't found a top-speed quoted anywhere?

4) if a car has the fabled 'whiney gearbox' is it actually about to go crunch, or do they whine away for 100k miles ?

5) lastly, anyone know of good places to buy from, apart from Newera/Torque/Futur ??

Many thanks in advance..

very jealous of the lucky few in this country who have one!!

Piers.

Liked
    hey mate welcome to the site first....and for ur quetions most of us can answer them as most of us havent had ours too long either
    1 - yes they need underseal once in the uk as they not need in japan much dryer and no salt on roads like the uk
    2 - if i rember probely about 3-4k revs cant remember off my head....
    3 - as for max speed i am sure its gonna max 130+ easy not gonna mention how much i've done tho...
    4 - most people wouldnt know how it would be witht hat mileage as most of the ones in the uk are about 50k on average...so they should be fine...
    5 - me and topper had some unhappy bit when buying and geting the car we have a forum about it Here
    if u search more u will find a lot of good information about buying here....and sure a lot of other will tell u there experience when buying there S15...
    but u must make sure u check everything on the car tho....best if u find one thats in the uk u could check it out b4 buying it...anymore questions feel free too ask mate

Pierscoe1 Guest
    thanks for that...

re: "me and topper had some unhappy bit when buying and geting the car so newera are not the best of place on the honest side...."

very interested to hear that, as generally they seem to have a good rep... can you go into what the problems you and topper had were? (feel free to mail off-forum if you prefer)

Liked
    i will PM later tonite also u can pm topper asn ask him

kieran Guest
    ha ha top speed, well i like to know this one! had mine showing 150mph on the clock but i dont know how acurate this is

on my provate race track at the bottom of my garden of course

i must say i found future autos to be good, they were honest straight forward and did a good px deal with my evo

you get to see the cars before any prep work which i like cos you see the reall car not something thats been masked in repairs

Liked
    yeh i would agree much beter to find one which is in the uk so u can check over everything b4 u deicde anything....

S15R Guest
    dude S15 gear ratio u'd go up to 280km/h lol

s15_is_sx Guest
    ^^^Well auspec s15s are limited to either 240 or 250kmph, jap spec is of course 180kmph.

Liked
    I've looked into JDM performance figures recently for a forthcoming UK mag feature. JDM 0-60 is 5.6 and JDM top speed is 112mph.

Obviously, that's limited. The lower tuned Oz S15 has a listed top speed of 149mph. Going on the performance difference, I'd say the unrestricted JDM top speed is 'at least 155mph'.

From what I've heard, I'd recommend against Newera (if you're reading, lads, prove me wrong by taking repsonsibility for you customers complaints). I would personally recommend Torque Imports.

The engine is gently ticking over at 80 in 6th.

Welcome BTW

S15R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    Obviously, that's limited. The lower tuned Oz S15 has a listed top speed of 149mph. Going on the performance difference, I'd say the unrestricted JDM top speed is 'at least 155mph'.
    Oz S15s are not de-tuned
    we have S15 auto exhaust ..... which is much smaller than manual