What's new

questions for owners...

P

Pierscoe1

hmm.. getting there myself..

what's this about? : "Although i have since run into trouble, not car related and will save for a future thread"

on another note, as I asked earlier about undersealing, and someone said "make sure it's done properly".. how much should this cost??
and what's involved?

At first thought I wouldn't have thought you'd want to just spray the whole underside, but at the same time, who could be bothered to remove brake/fuel lines, exhaust, driveshaft, etc etc to be able so spray just the chassis????

I have been quoted ~?100 but that doesn't seem much.... how much did you lot all pay for this to be done once you'd got the car in the UK ??

Thanks again

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ok i came to the same kinda problems as topper did as we brought off the same compaine......i think it was about 7ish pounds for mine but to be honest its a shit job people look at mine and say thats underseal...its so crap that ppl dont even think its been done........

P

Pierscoe1

should everything be taken off prior to undersealing, or do you just mask off things like brake-discs etc and coat the whole underside....

wouldn't this be a bad idea for things like stainless exhausts and driveshaft etc??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If it was me doing it, I would get it on a ramp and do it manually with a paintbrush. The area behind the exhaust isn't as important as it will stay sheltered and very dry from the heat.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Pierscoe1 said:
hmm.. getting there myself..

what's this about? : "Although i have since run into trouble, not car related and will save for a future thread"
Just ignore me mate, i doubt you will have the same problem i have, again its not car related, its to do with the supplier. I will reveal all in a future thread.

As for the underseal, i paid ?75+VAT for mine, was a poor job to say the least, i;d go with what Nicely said and get out your paint brush :thumbs:

Happy hunting :wave: