Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    Obviously, that's limited. The lower tuned Oz S15 has a listed top speed of 149mph. Going on the performance difference, I'd say the unrestricted JDM top speed is 'at least 155mph'.
    spot on for the oz spec ones, mine in stock form got to 236kph and wouldn't go any further
    www.nscc.com.au

Keep up to date with Miss R - missronline.blogspot.com

S15R Guest
    and aussie blue is blue jdm blue is purple blue

Liked
    lol! I read that on NS.com. Seen both, but not convinced. Would probably need to see them side by side. Are the Oz ones TV3?

Liked

Re: questions for owners...

Quote Originally Posted by Pierscoe1
    2) what revs is the S15 Spec-R doing in 6th at 80mph?
    80mph = 3100rpm (going by speedo)
    80mph = 3250rpm (going by GPS)

Pierscoe1 Guest
    excellent... thanks for that Nicely !

I've had all my questions answered now.. and have been in touch with Torque about the ones they have...

Now just need to decide:

RX7 FD (which I can afford, and have a little bit left to start the 'rebuild fund')

or

S15 (for which I would need to get a small loan

decisions decisions..

Liked
    Ah, but the RX7 'rebuild fund' will be bottomless with the Rotary ****** engine...

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    Rotary ****** engine...

The extra cash you "save" when buying a RX7 you'll loose in the end with gasoline and oil costs.
    They're quite thirsty.

But it's up to you. Both are nice looking cars.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

Pierscoe1 Guest
    coming to that conclusion myself...

I want to do lots of stuff in the car, like trips to the evo triangle, the 'ring, drive through the alps, round scotland, etc etc, and I just think I'd always be worrying about an RX7 (is it going to overheat, are the O-rings about to go, are the tips on their way out) let alone the fact that I'd be able to keep Shell afloat all by myself on trips like that!!

I think the S15 is a much better proposition for this kind of stuff.. and just generally more dependable.

May have to look into making use of some equity in the new year... fingers crossed

P.S. Nicely, I noticed (I think, in your profile) that you've got the Whieline ARB's.. did you get them from Demon Tweeks? Just been reading the guide on their site about the S15, and they seem like a worthwhile mod.

Liked
    Got the ARBs through Apex Performance's group buy. Phenomenal difference. However, if you are thinking of lowering the car, spend it on some coilovers. The ARB handling improvement can be achieved as part of the package, and you would be tightening up everything else at the same time.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierscoe1
    Now just need to decide:

RX7 FD (which I can afford, and have a little bit left to start the 'rebuild fund')

or

S15 (for which I would need to get a small loan

decisions decisions..
    Mate i had the same decision to make, really wanted a Rx7 for years, then when i could afford & insure one i started to research them, and to be honest the more i read the more i was put off, i joined http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/ and every week there seemed to be another Rx7 off the road or needing a rebuild

So still looking at Mazdas i decided to look for alternatives, enter the www.SXOC.com, where i found the S15, i remembered the S14a coming out and liked them and remembered them being fast, although not as fast as the Rx7, tried to find info on the S15, wasnt easy but found enough to convince myself that is was either an Rx7 or an S15, then i spotted my car on an Imports website and decided that was the one i had been looking for, so just did it there and then, not even a thought, felt mad, but was happy i did it.

Although i have since run into trouble, not car related and will save for a future thread.

Pretty long reply guys, sorry got carried away