What's new

More tail light madness (Dmax tails LED)

Reaction score
Country
I'm still new to the S15 world but I had a question about your tail lights. It seems like my lights are wired to turn on when the key is turned to accessories, I've noticed that they turn on and was wondering if all yours were wired the same way?

I'm having trouble with my Dmax LED tail lights being TOO bright, and when I hit the brakes its a very faint change that's barely even noticeable, almost can't even tell that I'm pressing the brakes. So just want to know if you guys have the same issues. I know Parky had a problem with his being too dim.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you are talking headlights and taillights turn on with the ignition on, some people have modified their cars to do this. I don't think it was a factory option.

As far as the tail lights being too bright, they are either wired up incorrectly or they are defective. Sometimes people get the wire for the tail lights mixed up with the wire from the stop lights.

Reaction score
Country
I took my steering column apart last week to fit my new boost meter and everything seemed factory and untouched, as for the tail lights they came prewired and plug into factory harness. It is a possibility of being defective. My stock tail lights are bright too but they're not as faint as the Dmax tails.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Maybe check the earth wires near the tail lights. Although this normally gives a dim light.