What's new

Power FC Settings

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the Air Flow Meter setting on the S15 Power FC to a Z32 AFM.... I'd like to install my Z32 and be able to drive it safely to the tuner... Also, if anyone has the PDF version of the power fc/hand controller manual (for s15), please post it up as I'm looking for a copy.

Cheers :D

Reaction score
Country
Settings > AFM List > Z32 ??

That should be it if i'm right. Why dont you just ask ur tuner to install it for you? That way you dont have to limp your way to your tuner. Dont think they'll charge you alot for a simple afm install

Reaction score
I like to take my time to make sure the installation is perfect :) + save some money along the way and learn about the process...

Reaction score
Hey Ray

When your wiring up the AFM plug, just splice the current loom so you can swap between the standard AFM and the Z32 incase you have issues with it. Thats what I did ;)

Reaction score
Country
i was told the z32afm don't make any difference to power. unless your running bigger turbo. my tuner says it be only wasting his time setting up and stuff. stock afm is well up for the job on stock turbo setup.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
AFM isn't about power. Its about air flow to achieve more power. The standard AFM on my S14 was starting to hit max around 310+ bhp. Its the same AFM on the S15.... That was under a proper mapping session with Jez (Horsham Dev).

D

Derek

Westward. He told me exact same. Said i would be only wasting money and time fitting z32 and bigger injectors while running standard tubby.

Reaction score
injectors will run at full duty cycle, if not close to that at around 200 + rwkw, upgrading doesn't mean you will make more power, just safer...

anyone have a pdf version of the power fc manual by any chance? :)

Reaction score
once you get to about 190rwkw, the standard AFM is reading extremely close to the 5 volt limit on them, which means that its just "guessing" how much air is passing through.

The Z32 one allows for more resolution (and its diameter is bigger) which means that at the same power level it is reading the airflow more accurate.

FYI at 195rwkw my AFM voltage was maxing out at 4.98v or whatever the reading is in, which means it was basically just guessing how much air was passing through.

Reaction score
ok, power fc in, z32 not in yet, but the car starts and stalls... the power fc i believe has an existing tune on it for standard injectors/80mm afm... does anyone know how i can reset the power fc to a standard s15 setting, or what settings i should be changing to get it to start/make it driveable to the tuner?

cheers.

Reaction score
if you want to reset the power fc.... on the commander youll see monitor, setting etc> you click on etc> scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on int data. It will ask yes or no. If you click yes all the data will be reset to the standard map.

Reaction score
ok, reset to standard map... still does the same thing, on the dash the yellow light goes on (looks a bit like the head of a hammer?) any ideas on what it could be??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
A'pexi. Do you have an ADM S15?
If you do, you need to do some rewiring for the PFC to work correctly.

It has been posted on here before which cables to switch on the loom.
I think it was Elizium who wrote the post.

Reaction score
ok guys, problem solved, wiring all done, modified the standard ecu holder to allow for placement of the hand controller plug... also had to change some pins around. the problem was that i accidently cut one of the wires when uninstalling my safc (oops lol) if anyone needs a hand in installing a pfc into aus spec s15, let me know :)