Mild winter - so I started my auto-manual conversion

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I Love the snow :nod:

You soon know when you guys down south get any snow, its all over the news and radio :rolleyes:, we've had snow few about a week, you dont hear us complaining, never mind, it'll soon be back to water shortages and hose pipe bands :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The problem is, mate, that we don't get snow often enough these days. This means no-one is used to it in anyway. How to sort the road, rail, how to drive in it, etc. It IS a big thing down south due to the chaos of not being able to prepare for it. -26 in Finland or something yesterday and everything's working just fine... :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The problem is, mate, that we don't get snow often enough these days. This means no-one is used to it in anyway. How to sort the road, rail, how to drive in it, etc. It IS a big thing down south due to the chaos of not being able to prepare for it. -26 in Finland or something yesterday and everything's working just fine... :rolleyes:
We have that problem every year too.
Even though we get snow and ice every winter, people are shocked when the first snow comes.

This year was one of the worst years I've experienced. Public transportation was shut down. Buses were stranded on the side of the road. cars skidding of the roads everywhere. I was stuck at work untill about 22:30 because I couldn't get home. The freeway was a complete mess because of alot of people hadnt changed to snow-tires.
alot of people had to sleep at work, because there was no way to get home.

When I finally drove home it was like driving in a war zone. abondoned cars, trucks and buses everywhere.

The funny thing is that it's the same every damn year. people never learn.
They had even warned about the snow a week in advance :rolleyes: