Got my S15 today

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hi Mark. Welcome :wave: Thanks for taking the time to clarify a few things there :)

Yes, the leaness of the map would go some way to explaining the figure. As it was stated it was mapped for 1.2 bar, I assumed that detting wouldn't be an issue at 0.8 bar.

Let this reinforce the warning that we are always giving on here about running more that 0.8 bar on the Jap map.... :nod: When I got mine remapped the first time, it was detting immediately after 0.8 bar. And that was with a brand new Walbro and Optimax...

A

Abbey m,/s

Nicley ,

just PM you , just dynoed a near STD S15 , can you host the dyno sheets for me please.

The results are spot on for a near STD car, no problems with the figures from our dyno.

Markie mark

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Here's the graphs Mark emailed me. They show results pretty much consitent with a standardish S15 :)

Graphs

As stated previously, the fact that Paul's car was running very lean goes a long way to explaining his result. Lean = good power, but lean = bang!

A

Abbey m,/s

2 sets of runs , Red/Green running on std Boost solenoid
Blue/pink running on actuator no bleed.

hope this helps.

Markie Mark

P

Paul-S15R

Hi Mark,

Nice seeing you and the Abbey M/S guys on Saturday. Very professional outfit you guys have, very impressed.

Is it possible you could send me my graphs in pdf format as well?

Thanks,

Paul.

Reaction score
also that confirms for me, that standard actuartor boost is 0.56bar! haha

well, it's nice for someone to come confirm things found in specific details! News travels fast in the south country! HAHA

Still, a little far for me to travel for anywork to be done.... hah

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
4, A std 350Z runs 325bhp Axle BHP this equates to approx 360 bhp flywheel. Not 262 axle bhp as Paul has quoted above on this thread.
Just noticed this. I thought a standard 350Z is 300PS or 296bhp at the fly... Well, that's what Nissan measured. :confused:

A

Abbey m,/s

Sorry typed the wrong numbers.....

Early 350Z,s are quoted as 280 bhp in japan so likewise the cars are running on 100 octane fuel not 98 octane as sold in the uk , the later cars are 300 bhp but we have yet to run one of these cars.

We have run quite a few 350z std and tuned all the std cars run around 225/235 axle bhp equating to 260 to 270 bhp flywheel , but fitting a good cat back system and air filter kit and a mappable ECU you can nornally get around 250/260 axle bhp and a mild increase in mid range torque , no turbo,s to wind the boost up on these cars a little harder to find easy BHP/torque.

P

Paul-S15R

OK.

Now I'm confused.
Was the 262whp figure from the 1.2bar run? That would make alot of sence.
:confused:
No.

262 was from 0.8 bar, which was running lean at this point but still ok. Above this boost there was detonation.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
No.

262 was from 0.8 bar, which was running lean at this point but still ok. Above this boost there was detonation.
OK. It's probobly some JDM tyte map in the ECU then :)
I would personally turn down the boost even more untill you can get it mapped properly. Just to be safe. 262rwhp is pretty much for a stockish S15. You should start to worry about the AFM, injectors, and fuel pump.

I'm running about 240-250rwhp and I don't want to go higher without those bits and aftermarket ECU.

T

TonyS15

I might post the graphs later on, but these are at the hub figures like i said.

Im not looking to cause an upset or anything but Im only stating what I got, if you doubt it, thats not really my problem.

Several guys have driven my car, including a couple of S14a owners and they say that my car feels incredibly strong for so little boost.
And, on a private track of course, I have raced and beaten a stage 1, 1 bar S14a with little trouble, so go figure. Either my car has something underneath the bonnet which I don't know about or Im imagining all this...

Regarding tuners, PTS? Again not to cause an argument here, but I wouldn't give them the time of day either, not after what they did to my mate's pulsar. You are talking about PTS in Luton right?

All tuners have their good and bad stories mate, and I have experienced it tuning my CTR, but from what I have seen and after speaking to them about taking the car further, they seem to know an awful lot about the car. Yes they are more expensive then others, but I believe you get what you pay for, like most things in life.

On a separate note, does anyone know where i can purchase a standard S15 ecu? I am thinking about letting Horsham have a go at mapping the car properly as this ecu is mapped quite strangely and has a sharpe drop from being safely rich to too lean on anything above 0.8 bar. Might be a fuel pump problem as Abbey said, but I don't think I can get what I want out of this car with the Orient Works Ecu.
This is the one at pro-drift wasn't it.....I went to see this one and also the black one which was near standard and i have to admit that the white one...now paul's i think was very nippy....a big difference to the black one. But we also herd the detin and it had some nice mods....nice car......

P

Paul-S15R

Thanks Tony. I've never driven a standard S15, would love to compare.

Will be sorting out the detting problem next month, hopefully allowing for more boost.

T

TonyS15

Yeah thats what me and my bro said that if it was the one then id have to sort the dettin out asap and sort that ECU as i wouldnt be comfortable running an unknown quantity through it.
But defo a good nice quick car. Looks really well in white too.