LSD

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Differential#S15_Helical_LSD

S15 Helical LSD

The S15 differential has gears that are cut in a fashion that when the car is turning the gears mesh together and transfer power to the tire with more traction. It does not lock like a clutch diff, but is very smooth. The best thing about a helical diff is that it practically never wears out. You can treat it the same as an open diff, change the oil regularly and it will outlast the car.
The S15 helical differential is probably the best diff for road racing applications. It is not recomended for drifting because it never actually locks. The differential can only multiply the torque it can apply at the side with low traction, so if one tire has very little traction (such as on ice or in the air) then the differential will act the same as an open differential.

Reaction score
Huh... kaaz cheaper than nismo???? :no:

I got my nismo diff for ?500 delivered... you have to remember that the nismo diff comes with new gasket, oil, uprated nismo bolts, new nissan oil seals, new nissan bearings, new nissan LH half shaft, RH nismo halfshaft (shorter) and not to mention the diff itself!

As far as i know its the only diff on the market that comes with the extra bits so really worth the money...

Fitting my Nismo 2way gt pro as we speak!

One thing im intrested in is at the start of this thread nicely did you say that all spec-r came with Helical diffs???? :confused: mine didnt??? uber :confused:

D

Derek

One thing im intrested in is at the start of this thread nicely did you say that all spec-r came with Helical diffs???? :confused: mine didnt??? uber :confused:
Helical = SR20DET Viscous = SR20DE

@ Channie where you purchase? Very good price.

Reaction score
Nengun!

...confused as to why mine was viscous... goin on the fact it looks nothing like this... http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=S15-HLSD

... i'l take some photos of what ive done so far...

... sod it i'll try and take what ive done apart and write a sketchy step by step... was piss easy to do... jus heavy and fiddly with the spacers...

Although i'll have to borrow a camera... i normally use my K800i (decent camera)... but the diff fell on it lastnite...

... needless to say the diff is stronger than the mobile phone... so much carnage...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not entirely so. The Spec R Auto has Viscous...

Channie, PM me your chassis number and I'll check.
Pm'd

:thumbs:

(Nicely - if you follow the bellow link there original diff is what mine looked like)

This may be of help... this is essentially what i followed to do mine... (saves me taking mine apart to show you how to do it!)

One word of warning... do not do the bolts upto any recommended torqe setting they are all too high... just lock tight and tighten as tight as possible with a normal rachet... else you will strip the thread like i did!

http://www.driftfactory.com/lsdinstall.php?osCsid=e75a3c94f48f632fcc73cc64c80c5aa3

Any question that arnt answered in the step by step... then jus ask and i'l help the best i can...

also watch your fingers when dropping/placing the new diff in the carrier... potential to lose some fingers!

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Your prob right mate :D

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeNotConnected>You are not connected to the Internet. <LI id=causeSiteProblem>The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
  • <LI id=errorExpl2>Internet connectivity has been lost. <LI id=errorExpl3>The website is temporarily unavailable. <LI id=errorExpl4>The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. <LI id=errorExpl5>The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds
  1. Click the Favorites Center button
    , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.
To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
  1. <LI id=viewRecentWebpages2>Click Tools
    , and then click Work Offline.
  2. Click the Favorites Center button
    , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Reaction score
Which linky??? the LSD install one??? Works for me...

Another update... with the S15 diff and respect to the NIsmo GT PRO the c-clips on the end of the half shafts they send you are required!!!!!!!

:wack:

... now if only i could find where i threw them...

... oh yes in that big box of other metal rubbish i took to the tip...

:bugger:

(wot no smily for :bugger: ???? should be a picture of me gettin bent over and assulted with a sand paper glove!!!!)