What's new

Insurance Help, Pls estimate my BHP

J

japcar_junkie

Anyone who can guide me to a reasonable figure pls help, been on the phone last night for a few quotes and after seeing gd things said about the guys at Sky Insurance i gave them a call, but without a BHP figure they cannont give me a quote, and as i dont own the car yet as its just been imported the dealer has no details either. If listed below the modification to the car, so if any of ur cars match or have a similar spec, could you pls give me a ball park figure.

6 Speed Close Ratio Gearbox,Factory LSD,Factory Boost Gauge,BLITZ SBC Boost Controller,BLITZ Turbo Timer,HKS Exhaust,3" Turbo Front/Down Pipe,HKS Front Mount Intercooler With Hard Pipework,HKS Air Induction Kit,High Pressure Fuel Pump

Cheers

P

PhilV

good luck mate! i got quoted 900 quid fully comp on my S15 lol @ 20yrs of age 2yrs NCB :'(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine is ?650 fully comp, ALL mods declared, 70bhp over standard, agreed value, FNCB, 9 points. I may be slightly older though.... ;)

P

PhilV

i also would like to add i put my dad as a named driver which lowered costs as he ha slike 70000 years NCB lol and I went through a local company called Rossborough's whoa re insurance brokers and dod eals with other companies

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine was ?576 with all mods declared, 5 year NCB, agreed value etc etc, i have cheaper insurance than Nicely :D :D :D :D :p (and i'm at least 20 years younger :p)

Reaction score
topper... cause the chances of your car getting stolen where you live is almost 100% never gonna happen, on the basis that no one ever goes to the middle of nowhere! :p

just remember you'll be lookin' at about an 18% hike for the FMIC and boost controller with sky!!! but then, sky give free exhaust, suspension, intake and wheel mods.

my mum is also added to my policy for free! didn't drop or raise it!

?1100 FC, 22, 2 years NCB and clean licence in both crash and points form!....only driving since 19. 12.5k agreeded value too! :)

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
dam all these low insurance quotes you all have is making me feel sick. im 23 clean license but zero ncb (been driving under my mums insurance for 5yrs) and i got a quote from elephant.com at ?2300. awell i think it'll be worth the price so im still saving up. christ 11 months is a long wait:cry:

S

S15_silvia_

...i cant get insured till im 21 and ive got 2yr no claims and im 20...no points either not happy and that was with aplan....and sky wouldnt insure me either..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

so im gona get on in a few months and do a few little bit while its on my drive...(i hope )

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
same age as topper little bit older 781 fully comp with all modded declaired..agreed value of 13k 6yrs ncb 3points been driving since 18 but only had the S15 when i was 23
Sky are pretty good now i insured my second car with them aswell :)

S

S15_silvia_

really...they said they wont touch me till im 21...i have a no points or claims..i have 2yrs no claims in june that could be y??

still im gona wait a bit coz the car i wanted has gone so ive got to find another good one..!

K

kieran

lol nicley you got 9 points:eek: you been a bad bad boy lol

im 30 this year im paying about 600ish all mods disclosed, and before you guys say it

PICS WILL COME SOON!!!

gonna look into a traders policy this year too, should imagine it to be a tad expensive lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
lol nicley you got 9 points:eek: you been a bad bad boy lol
Yeah, the only ones I've had in *cough* years of driving, and all in the past three years. 6 of those in one hit... :rant:

I'm with Sky now, Kimi. A Plan don't do like-for-like on mods, nor agreed values. Believe me people, you want to prove the value of your car BEFORE it has dents in it... I speak from hard experience on this. I've been shafted not once, but twice on insurance valuations.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yup i think its a great idea for the like to like mods... and the agreed value of the car as most insurance wil do u hard if u dont declaire them and probely get bak next to nothing for what u paid for the car...

G

Get_Real

Hey Guys,

Any recommendations on who to speak to at SKY insurance? Should i tell them that i am a member of SXOC and S15OC or does that not make any difference?

Cheers,
Alex