What's new

New clutch kit!

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, my clutch has started a slip a tad, so when I get some more moneys, i shall be purchasing. Anyone recommend a decent Clutch? It's in a Autech 6-speed, so I'd presume i'd want a spec R clutch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Also doubt I'm gona be able to fork out for a coppermix :/... It's my daily as well so don't want anything too harsh.

Reaction score
Country
Tbh an Autech doesn't make much torque so would be a waste of money buying an uprated clutch, just get a standard exedy for about £100 and live happily.

Reaction score
Country
Tbh an Autech doesn't make much torque so would be a waste of money buying an uprated clutch, just get a standard exedy for about £100 and live happily.

:no: not the attitude to have, you should make it faster :p is the autotech a DE?

Reaction score
Country
Well I don't plan on doing too much work on it for a year or two, so don't need a updated really. Yeah the Autech is a high compression De tuned by Autech, supposed to be just over 200bhp, the guy I got it off was telling me he thought it was at about 236 which Im rather skeptical on to be honest. Only performance mods I can tell is Arc air intake, 5zigen exhaust + decat.

Reaction score
Country
It's NA though and makes only about 200Nm, there will be literally no benefit whatsoever to fitting an uprated clutch for a high torque turbo engine. You might as well just put the extra money down the nearest storm drain.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, was exactly what I was thinking. In a couple years il probably do a DET swap, but I just wanted something that's fair standard... Where's the best place to pick up a exedy? I know drift works have a few, but I just wanna see if I can keep the cost down.

Reaction score
Country
I had mine from DW. If you plan on swapping to a DET then yeah it makes sense to get a strong clutch, stock one you are pushing your luck even with basic mods.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, i wasn't planning on it for a couple years, as need to have some work stuff sorted out etc. So from now till then just wanted something cheap but cheerful (if that's possible )

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Japspeed sell exedy, apex performance too.

I didn't see the autech so yeah just got stock one. I assume autech 6 speed uses a Dual mass flywheel?

Reaction score
Country
Turns out, the clutch I had in is a single plate ogura racing clutch... Any of you guys recommend? Wondering to replace like for likes

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Is it a organic friction plate? Or paddle style?

i would go ACT Heavy duty clutch. Organic for nice pedal feel or paddle for more aggressive.

But the other issue you may have is the ogura may have a specific flywheel? Which isn't the same as a stock one. Not sure though, best to check!

P

Phattony

Autechs come with a nismo coppermix with a lightens single mass, a lot of people get HD because it gives you (imo) a better feel, but usually uses the same cluch disk as standard just heavier pressure plate. Organic is a much stronger disk but usually standard plate