What's new

Sad times - parts needed

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sad times; the other week I was sitting in a queue of traffic when someone decided not to pay any attention whilst queuing with me and run straight in the back of me! :eek: The guys excuse was that he was admiring the car with his mate and wasn’t paying attention, (he obviously needed a closer look!!) :furious:

I am extremely gutted about the whole ordeal, as the car was pristine and like a member of the family to me. I am now speaking with the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] parties insurers and I think they are going to write it off as a CAT-D. I am then considering to buy it back from them to either get it repaired or sell it on for someone else to repair.

Hopefully I will do the first option but that really depends upon me sourcing all the parts I need myself to keep the costs down, it’s not ideal timing as the Mrs and I are expecting our first baby in January… Also it really depends how easy it will be to get the bits and whether my heart will still be in the car to repair it. If I do I’ll give it to Martin @ Littleknocks to repair, due to his track record and reputation with Craigs car.

So this really isn't really meant to be a sob story - sorry! its more of an appeal to try and get as many bits from the forum community or links to good sources for spare parts as possible, I am currently formulating a shopping list, however I will definitely need the following bits:

Rear Aero bumper (with or without rear spats – I can transplant my own ones I believe?)
Boot lid (with or without spoiler, I can transplant my own spoiler)
Rear lights
Rear panel

I’ll be posting a wanted thread shortly

Als

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
No way! That's not good news mate!

Well I imagine the lights, boot, and bumper should be easy to get but the rear pannel will have to get from a crashed car, i.e get someone to chop it our and weld it in. Aslong as the chasis rails are not bent you should be ok!
I know JDM garage and slide Motorsport were breaking S15's a while ago.

Any pics of damage, so we can help assess what you need? Mainly rear boot floor shots.

Reaction score
Country
Sad news mate. Might be a good idea to try Nissan for the rear panel, if someone could check for a part number. Dealer parts can be surprisingly reasonable sometimes.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
There is another way around it so that the insurance doesn't write it off, you can speak to your local body shop and see if they can negotiate a "contract repair" which means you can have the car repaired with second hand parts which will bring the cost of the repair down saving the insurer from writing it it on. In my garage we do it all the time if the car is worth it or the owner really wants to keep the car after a accident

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The car isn't with me at the minute as I've left it at work whilst I sort all the rig-moral with the insurance.
If anyone spots any bits or a car being broken in the next few months please PM me cheers.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on a contract repair I'll look into that.

Reaction score
Country
if you dont mind paying for shipping there is heaps of that stuff in my part of the world second hand and really cheep, but freight...

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Slider; which ones are they? I had the Lexus style lights and have my originals in the loft. I am tempted to go LED this time.

Got a set of rear lights I can donate for much cheapness

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, that might be an option to be honest, depends about how long a container takes for delivery and like you say the cost? If i could get the lot it might be worth it

if you dont mind paying for shipping there is heaps of that stuff in my part of the world second hand and really cheep, but freight...

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok car is being repaired by me. I've posted a wanted item for the bits I need. Any help with parts /advice much appreciated.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick update to say that my car has now been fully repaired by Martin at Littleknocks (LK Drifter) and is now back on the road. Who would have thought it would have taken so long, but I wanted to do it right.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice, bits etc. and a big thanks to Martin and the guys at Littleknocks and also the guys at Garage-D in Watford.

Als

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point Sam.

Here is the before

And after but before the exhaust was sorted.

Martin fully resprayed the car as well.

Very happy to have her back!!

Als