What's new

car tax in UK

Reaction score
Country
I am looking to import an S15 using the guys at Torque GT but one bit of advice I have been given is to try and get a car no newer then 2001 because a late 2001 or early 2002 model has a more expensive car tax due to changes in legislation at that time.

Does anybody know anything about this and if so which year does this change in price come in to effect?? I thought being an import it was just done on emissions?

Reaction score
Country
I am looking to import an S15 using the guys at Torque GT but one bit of advice I have been given is to try and get a car no newer then 2001 because a late 2001 or early 2002 model has a more expensive car tax due to changes in legislation at that time.

Does anybody know anything about this and if so which year does this change in price come in to effect?? I thought being an import it was just done on emissions?
S15 will be PLG regardless of age.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Private/ light goods
I have a 2001 and mine is cheaper than my mates 02 so yeah there is a difference but it's not a massive amount

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Think mine was £220 iirc for a year so it's not bad at all.. My type r cost more to tax , that was around £265 !!! Ha ha

Reaction score
Country
Oh right okay, well that's no difference at all really but thanks for letting me know. I was just curious, I looked at a scooby and an EVO with torque GT, (both UK cars) and the tax for them was ridiculous. Plus after a walk around at Japfest this year I knew the S15 was for me, was just considering the running costs. I've had insurance quotes for the year on a standard unmodified model and compare the market came out at £270 for the year so it's all good!!!!