What's new

Factory alarm?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ADM (AUS Domestic Model / Market) came with the Nissan immobilizer (NATS) but not an alarm.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am not sure about the JDM, I don't think so.

Reaction score
Country
My Japanese Spec R came with a Nissan key fob and has a little red light on the dash infront of the ignition that says "security" on it. When i lock the doors with the fob the "security" light flashes but i haven't tested whether an alarm or horn would go off if i opened the door without unlocking the doors on the fob.

Reaction score
Country
My Japanese Spec R came with a Nissan key fob and has a little red light on the dash infront of the ignition that says "security" on it. When i lock the doors with the fob the "security" light flashes but i haven't tested whether an alarm or horn would go off if i opened the door without unlocking the doors on the fob.
Really? That's interesting. Is it all factory nissan stuff? Mine has nothing of the sort haha

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It may have been an option on the JDM cars

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, seems it was a factory option. Indeed, according to the 'net, there were 3 options with three different fobs. Each one slightly more expensive than the other.

Reaction score
Country
Car theft isn't a big problem in Japan, I guess its a culture thing. Every JDM car ive had didn't have a factory alarm or immobiliser fitted.

Reaction score
Country
Really? That's interesting. Is it all factory nissan stuff? Mine has nothing of the sort haha
I don't have a NATS key but i've got two fobs and the spare all metal key. I took two pics of my security light and fob:

From what i've read, the small button on the right that looks like a dome light is supposed to turn on all my interior lights but i can't get either fob to do that. I'm also unsure what the very bottom left button does.