What's new

problem with fuel tank cover

Reaction score
Country
I had a fuel leak and spotted it was due to a cracked connector (wasnt this bad untill i moved it and completely snapped):

I need a replacement now so will be the whole part. Does anyone know where to get one or if the s14 ones are the same?

Thanks

Rick

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
This seems quite common, when I removed mine it was partially broken so I bought a replacement from a breaker and that one was too. The plastic is quite brittle... I think the s14 one could work but the connections are jubilee fittings and the hoses on the s15 one are plastic lines with the push fittings, that's where your problem would lie. You'd probably have to go back as far as the hard lines and run rubber fuel hose from there to the pump lid

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the reply bud. Think its going to be so much easier to just get an s15 one then. Hopefully be able to find one soon. I think the tubes are just pushed onto those connectors so may find its just a straight swap but id rather go for what is ment to be as dont want to mess anything else up.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the reply bud. Think its going to be so much easier to just get an s15 one then. Hopefully be able to find one soon. I think the tubes are just pushed onto those connectors so may find its just a straight swap but id rather go for what is ment to be as dont want to mess anything else up.
I think you're right, here's an idea of the differences, courtesy of Nicely's site
http://jull.net/s14-s15-tech-guides/fit-walbro

Reaction score
Country
awesome find thanks bud. Seems like the only differences are the clip connectors then. Shouldnt really make any difference am I right? So if i just pulled the tube off where it goes into the connector should be able to use the s14 one. As long as the wires stretch to the s14 fitment as well.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
awesome find thanks bud. Seems like the only differences are the clip connectors then. Shouldnt really make any difference am I right? So if i just pulled the tube off where it goes into the connector should be able to use the s14 one. As long as the wires stretch to the s14 fitment as well.
If the pipes are rubber then should be no problem but I seem to remember them being crimped plastic...

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah they are plastic. So it won't work with S14 pump system. You need a S15 item which is only going to be from a breaker or from nissan uk.

Slide Motorsport had a S15 bbreaking so did Jap performance as so did JDM garage.

Reaction score
Country
I replaced mine when I snapped it. Ordered through Nissan Uk took about a week to get here. Dont think it cost too much either £50 maybe I'll dig out the reciept in the morning if you want a more accurate albeit year ago cost.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys. You have all been very helpful. Hope to get your it sorted soon. Will be looking for parts tomorrow and ordering monday when everything is open.
Always miss the car when I cant drive it.