What's new

Should this be a good deal?

Reaction score
Country
So I got this spec R engine offered just now. The engine has 119.000km and is complete with harness and turbo. But the problem is there is no ecu with it and it is an Automatic Transmission without the actual automatic gearbox...
This all for €1660,-

offcourse I want the 6 speed gearbox so I will have to swap this. And I need the right ecu offcourse... Should this give some trouble with it?

Please let me know.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Auto engines only have 370cc injectors. Manuals have 440cc. Beware of that.

Reaction score
Country
Yes it is stock indeed. It is just that it is too hard to get your hands on a spec R engine nowadays... There are some companies in USA and Canada but they wont ship to netherlands or it is a rediculous high shipping cost.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Think so. Not sure how the speedo works on an auto. But the Spec R speedo gauge is driven off the rear diff.

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks mate!

I thought I had take a look at their site already but it was extremely expensive and all.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks mate!

I thought I had take a look at their site already but it was extremely expensive and all.
Damon, if i may give you some advice, €1660 is a lot of money to pay for.
Go to DBM Engineering in Maarssen (Yes our own country) and let them built an engine for you, including an gearbox and ECU you will less, the same of maybe a bit more.
This because they have used SR20 in stock and can build those engines from scrap/

Good luck bud

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I know DBM Engineering but I do my business at Sky Engineering. So I never took a look at it.
If they build engines for around €1600 its very cheap actually.

Point is, I have bought a header for my N/A engine by JDM Distro. They told me it was a fujitsubo so I paid good money for it.. However, when I got it here it was clearly not a fujitsubo header. So I wanted to return it and get my money back, but since they don't give money back they said I could return it in exchange of something else. And the only thing they could make me happy with is a Spec R engine.. And now they have found this one... After weeks if not months for searching. And I am actually done with waiting now. So thats kind of the situation here...