What's new

Respray colour ideas...?

Reaction score
Country
My plan for next year is to to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade my bodykit to a Vertex Edge kit and get a full respray, just struggling to narrow down colours!

I did a few photoshop jobbies last night and like the maroon and dark grey, not convinced on the blue, and I've seen a skyline in midnight purple today that I was super keen on, it looked amazing so I'm tempted by that.

I need some more colour ideas, nothing lairy like lime green or orange, or primary colours. Also if anyone knows of any nice variations of the cars posted below then speak up!

Here's the photoshoppery I did.

The maroon would be like the pininfarina ford focus.. I can't think of any other cars that have a similar colour.

And an Aston Martin grey that I like (Meteorite Silver)..

And the Skyline midnight purple...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd most likely go with some form of dark purple if I was going to respray. Can't go wrong with midnight purple.

Or maybe a bronze/gold sort of colour like this:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
A lad call Wayne on here did the might purple a few years ago.

Out of your photoshops I like the dark grey :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
mine isn't the official Nissan midnight purple but its similar, I like it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Wayne's was a colour he made up himself,very similar to the bmw individual colour. Iirc something to do with a motorbike colour?? His thread http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=7704

Mnp 3 is a real cool colour ! Has the bronze element to it as well which adds another level of depth to it.

Seen quite a few 15's in that colour though... I personally say stick to the maroon to be different but is entirely up to you dude .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'm still swaying towards the maroon Chris. I think with the Edge kit it will look too similar to the one in the US with the green details and I do want it to be unique.

That purple above looks kinda like the later midnight purple, there were 3 for the skyline, the plain midnight purple, then the second had a green flip, third had a blue flip.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah the pics are mnp3 dude ! Think it's the best one personally.
If you go maroon/candy can have something custom made up to be totally unique ( just have an extra ltr or 2 made up for colour match if anything gets damaged at a later date ;) I think it will work really well if you find the right shade ...

Reaction score
Country
Is this the kind of red you're talking about?

Looks amazing in the flesh

Reaction score
Country
Yeah thereabouts Chris, bit darker than that though, like a deep red wine sort of colour

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
midnight purple 1 is a dark purple, midnight purple 2 is lighter & with subtle purple/blue flip & midnight purple 3 is purple/red/gold/blue really obvious colour changes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The paint on the brz Chris, guessing that sort of colour will be a few hundred quid per litre?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I will look into it for you but I know I can get decent candy paint that would look similar over a dark base for a lot less than that.. Around £50 a ltr iirc Will pm you some details once I have looked into it more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ken's beast! get the engine as well ;) LS2 6.0L with pro charger for good measure.. (following this to LeMans last year was a joy)
I really really want that engine set up, it just sounds so sweet :nod: