What's new

Grrr

R

RyanNK

Picture speaks for itself!

I think the nails are a good 5cm as the number looks like the kind they screw into the guttering around my area to number houses. Will take it to a tyre shop in the morning to see what they say, I just hope it wasn't setup up by little shits on purpose.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I similar thing happened to me. Just had brand new tires on in the front (just fitted) and was driving out the garage when i heard a strange noise.

Looked at my new tires in the front.

I've driven over one of these feckers and one of my tires was shot to pieces.

Took the whole wheel to a tireplace and they fixed a plugg in the hole.
Seems to be pretty strong as I've driven about 5000km with some track and drifting on these tires.

K

kieran

id say looking at that your borderline as to whether it can be repaired, you can only go so close to the side wall before a wheel is unrepairable, looks like a fairly new tyre too, find the how where the number is missing from and hammer it to their for head lol

R

RyanNK

*touches wood* fixed for $20! Just hope there isn't a small leak which will no doubt leave me stranded somewhere with 3 tyres and a joke of a "space saver".

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
*touches wood* fixed for $20! Just hope there isn't a small leak which will no doubt leave me stranded somewhere with 3 tyres and a joke of a "space saver".
That's cheap. I payed about 80AUD to fix mine, and you got twice the amounts of holes in yours.

But I guess that's just the swedish way. Paying high prices then I mean.
My fix is all good so far. No leak or other problems.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The 5 is upside down, and you missed the 1 before it, seems like a strange place to put your badges, but i guess thats why they call is modding :D

R

RyanNK

Im not one to bring up old threads but I thought it was appropriate for this one. Found this one half way through washing the car on the weekend. Seriously can't believe how unlucky I have been..two in two years! Not freakin' happy

Last edited:
J

JDM JUNKIE

Ouch, That sucks! I'm sorry that happened to you... I worked at a tire shop after high school a few years and have fixed hundreds of tires. Like everyone said above, you are close to the shoulder of the tire. That's where the steel belts end and the sidewall meets, but that's not your problem. The two holes are too close to be fixed safely, because the plugs will overlap and make the repair unsafe. I hate to tell you, but you should buy a new tire. I have also seen first hand what happens from a blowout at highway speeds... not pretty. It's better to be safe :nod: