What's new

Strange happenings while driving the S15

Reaction score
Country
Do you guys ever get weird creepy stuff happening while driving your Silvias? Just last night I had two instances of this.

Firstly driving along the A34 at the speed limit, a Zafira approaches from behind then stops along side me for about a minute, moving forward and backward beside me. I notice his car has some RaceQuip stickers in it so maybe he's just checking the car out. I drop back a bit, and give it some beans, putting a good 1/4 mile between us. At the next roundabout he has caught up and starts giving me the wanker sign out his window.
Secondly, later on on the M6, it was late and the motorway was deserted, driving along in the nearside lane at 70, this Mercedes comes from behind at quite some speed then gets along side me and sits there for at least 30 seconds before speeding up again.

I don't know what this is all about and tbh it freaks me out a bit, think one day I'll get carjacked or something. I've never experienced anything like this in any other car :/

Reaction score
Country
I get things like this happen quite a bit. I think a lot of people are just intrigued as to what the car is due to how uncommon they are over here. Then you get the bellends who see you have a quick looking car and want to have a go, those are the ones that pull up alongside and expect you to boot it but quickly get bored, call you a pussy for not biting, then disappear. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Driving back from picking the car up i had some people drive past me whilst staring at the car. Think Parky is spot on, some people just dont know what they are :)

Reaction score
Country
I guess that Zafira guy reported me for something, I was outside changing the coilovers just and the police rocked up and started having a snoop around then drove off.

Reaction score
Country
I get a lot of people hanging out the window of c-maxs and and the like filming on their mobile phones. Also had some kids come up and ask me what it was. They looked gutted when I told them it was a Nissan! Haha!

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
yeah i seem to get the same stuff, the most annoying thing ever said "what isit?" its a nissan. "WHAT I SKYLINE"

no.....

Reaction score
Country
When I got mine, a guy with a Peugeot people carrier (3008 I think?) came over and said "Is that one of them Nissan GT-Rs?". Told him it was a Silvia and he then told me he used to own a GT-R. Surely you'd remember what your own car looked like? :wack:

Had people assume it's a Skyline a few times, and a few people leaning out of cars to look at it on the road. To be honest it's to be expected; most of them have probably never seen a S15 before. I was at the Nissan Extreme Torque Show yesterday and had my car parked up with a load of other fast Nissans (including a R33 GT-R V-Spec and a R34 GT-R V-Spec). Despite my S15 not being modified at all, the public were still taking loads of photos of it.

Thankfully I've had no negativity towards the car outside of a couple of people wanting to do traffic light Grand Prix.

Reaction score
Country
I had a weird one a few weeks back. I had just parked up in a busy car park. I've not even switched the engine off and this young boy runs up to my passenger side window waving and giving the the thumbs up. He's about 7-8 and looked a bit unwashed, I was glad the doors were locked as he'd have probably jumped in, anyway. I get out and he says "nice Silvia, your exhaust is massive, it must be rapid!" Now the car has no Nissan, Silvia or spec r badges on it, just the silvia logo on the lights. To which I respond "yeah it's alright". He then says "do you go drifting?" I reply "I have the occasional slide around a roundabout,yeah" The kids mum is shouting on him at this point so I say to him "I need to go, but how do you know this is a Silvia anyway?" He replies "Gran Turismo, duh!!!" And runs off. That kids got a bright future, shame he'll probably end up buying a 1 of 70million limited edition corsa with a black roof, like everyone else does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah i get asked quite often at traffic lights 'What is it mate?'. Had a father and son stop outside my house whilst i was washing it once, as they were arguing over what car it was, and wanted to settle the argument, ha. the Son was right. "I told you it was a Silvia Dad!". The S15 is always a talking point isn't it

Reaction score
Country
It's one of the perks of owning a 15 I think. People are genuinely interested in them and they turn heads for those right reasons. Whenever I'm at my garage cleaning or whatever I usually get 2-3 people stop to have a chat about it, occasionally annoying when you're busy but overall it's cool to talk to new people just because of a motor.

Reaction score
I get this loads too. Weirdest was when an American tourist came into the filling station that I work in and started shaking my hand and saying how awesome it was to meet an S15 owner and see an S15 in the flesh. Asked me could he take a load of pics then so I left him off. People just don't see them that often and without the badges they get curious. They're usually shocked when you tell then tis a nissan cause the only nissan they're used to seeing is micras and almeras!

Reaction score
Country
Iv had people shout at me my cars **** n people giving me wanker signs. Just jealousy dude

Reaction score
Country
about a year ago i had some kids drive past me wearing black balaclavas eyeballing me as they went.... i just pissed myself laughing

Reaction score
Country
Yea. In New Zealand people either don't care, or think their cars cooler.

Reaction score
Country
Just literally today had some kids pointing and saying "Have you seen that Skyline over there?". It's happened a few times now, I think people who know a bit about cars just assume that because it's a fast Nissan it's a Skyline. I would correct people but it happens so often it just isn't worth it :rotfl: Worse things to confuse it for, I guess!

Reaction score
Country
if i have had a couple older guys stopping and having a look and a chat when i am out cleaning the car.

One time i had an old gent stopping, gave the usual "oh nice car" but then proceeded to ask what it was, and before i answered he chimed in again, "its an old opel isnt it, i recognise the front badge"

he seemed a bit disappointed and walked away when i said it was a nissan

Reaction score
Country
Had someone stop dead in a carpark with a trolley full of shopping just staring at the car, often asked what the car is at traffic lights.

I pulled up in a car park late one night for a mcdonalds and came back to have people taking photos of the car, I've also been surrounded by about 10 cars and a whole group of boy racers when I had to stop to take an emergency leak, didn't think I was going to be leaving with my car haha, they turned out to be nice people and had a good chat with them for awhile about it.

A lot of people are really interested by the car and how rare they are, my pet peeve is the amount of boy racers that ask "Is it a skyline, yeah?"...No..no its not.

Had two kids run up to me on scooters asking to take photos of the car and also came out with " are you street racers?! " I've never seen such an excited child, Its strange an old nissan can make someone so happy haha

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Next door neighbour commented on my "nice Calibra".

We don't talk much now.