What's new

Bov on standard intercooler

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys went to fit the hks ssqv today ran into some problems so left it for now.

who is running a aftermarket bov with standard intercooler and piping? Tell me how you did it

thanks

Reaction score
Country
your stock BOV is more then capable to removing boost with the stock setup, why remove it yet? I still run the stock valve with a hole drilled into it now

or do you just want to make BOV noises?

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it's mainly for the noises, I have waited like 19years to for fill my need for speed underground dreams lol

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Owning a s15 you already have the show, your just enhancing it. The go comes at each persons own pace. Like mine isn't going to be gaining much bhp for a while because I want to get the handling right on the track. It's just the little things that I want to enhance. I know what you guys are saying but to me I it will be one other thing that will make me smile even more every time I get in it I and drive it

I'm sure after a while I'll get bored and change it back to a recirc I'm just seeing what you guys have done

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I ran an uprated forge recirc valve on the stock set up, makes a nice noise and doesn't adversely affect performance . Still run it on my set up now just with uprated springs very good valve

Reaction score
Country
Owning a s15 you already have the show, your just enhancing it. The go comes at each persons own pace. Like mine isn't going to be gaining much bhp for a while because I want to get the handling right on the track. It's just the little things that I want to enhance. I know what you guys are saying but to me I it will be one other thing that will make me smile even more every time I get in it I and drive it

I'm sure after a while I'll get bored and change it back to a recirc I'm just seeing what you guys have done
Don't take spoonmans "advice" as what we're all saying :p make that pssht noise all you want

Reaction score
Country
iv got a forge recirc valve sounds amazing but its annoying as the springs too hard and drops the boost all of a sudden, its like hitting a brick wall when you slightly let off lol

Reaction score
Country
i would never even try to speak for a rebel westy like you mate
Haha that's right. I go up and down the street boosting and taking my foot off the throttle just to make that noise and wake up the neighbours.

But seriously, don't do that with your bov baha

Reaction score
Country
Why did you drill a hole in it Spoonman ?
sorry didnt see this, its a breather hole to allow the diaphragm to operate as it should after blocking off the boost side bypass hole.
Its a thing i discovered that tomei instruct all people who install there uprated turbos when running other factory components like the factory BOV

this will explain it, its from tomei and comes with the new arms turbos

Reaction score
sorry didnt see this, its a breather hole to allow the diaphragm to operate as it should after blocking off the boost side bypass hole.
Its a thing i discovered that tomei instruct all people who install there uprated turbos when running other factory components like the factory BOV

this will explain it, its from tomei and comes with the new arms turbos
Hmm that's interesting, I fail to see a need for it as all you are doing by sealing the stock hole is allowing the system to hold higher then stock boost, that's what that bleed hole was designed for to bleed off excess boost pressure . That's the first time I have seen that procedure..