What's new

WAX on Plastics :S

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys the other day I polished and waxed my car and even with tape managed to get some on the plastics around the windows anyone got any tips on how to remove it?

Reaction score
Country
I usually use a Clay Bar (for example Chemical Guys Clay Bar light blue) to remove the Wax and Dirt, and afterwards I use some "Surf City Dash Away" with a microfiber.
In most cases its enough to get the plastics shiny again.

Reaction score
Country
Looking forward to a reply for this one, I've done exactly the same thing haha

Reaction score
Country
I was told to try black shoe nugget, who is going to try it somewhere inconspicuous and advise if it works or not?

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I tried white spirit on a cloth seemed to work but a lot of elbow grease and I'm going to use a leather conditioner to bring the plastic back up

Reaction score
Country
I use a green gel that autoglym do can't remember what its called though, something like rubber and vynal care

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I use a green gel that autoglym do can't remember what its called though, something like rubber and vynal care
was that ontop on the white or did you try clean it first?

Reaction score
Country
On top if it doesn't come off but most of the wax/polish I use rubs off Il try it tonight as I'm halfway through polishing it for the weekend

Reaction score
Country
It's called autoglym bumper car got a green sticker if your on facebook add me and Il post some pics up. John Neville. I'm on a wrecking ball lol. Couldnt show you on my 15 but my missus s14 had polish on did it with this and its brought it up like New

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
It's called autoglym bumper car got a green sticker if your on facebook add me and Il post some pics up. John Neville. I'm on a wrecking ball lol. Couldnt show you on my 15 but my missus s14 had polish on did it with this and its brought it up like New
Just added you what a legendary pic cracked me up i think I've got some of that at home I'm going to try to when it dries up

Last edited: