What's new

HKS Air Filter question!

Reaction score
Country
hey guys,

just got a HKS super flow induction kit with HKS filter installed about a month ago. Been great so far.

However today when I went to open my bonnet to check the washer fluid, some water stuck in the bonnet vents splashed over half the HKS filter :(

So just wondered whether I should let this dry off naturally (and for how long) using this particular HKS filter, or is it ok to still start the S15 up?

Any advice as usual is appreciated ;)

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
it should be ok as long as it was just a splash and the thing isn't wringing wet

Reaction score
Country
I dont believe its wringing wet.

Basically I lifted up the bonnet and as I was doing so, the water poured over one area of the filter. Would say no more than half a cup full of water.

Surely these filters should be able to withstand this, as it happened once to my Apexi filter as well. Issue is that my carbon bonnet collects water in its bonnet vents. I do clear these vents as best I can of water before opening my bonnet.

Reaction score
If it a foam or synthetic element it will be fine, as said just use a hairdryer to be safe.I wash mine with K&N filter cleaner and let it dry and have never had any issues

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate. I had a quick look this morning and it seemed ok. Car started up fine from what i could tell.

Also my mechanic at Horsham developments said it would be fine ;)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_500 using Tapatalk