What's new

Anyone used Japanparts.com?

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
elizium said:
yes, I have.
OK... probably that wasn't the most useful answer :)

As for Nissan parts, I ordered the folding mirror kit option, clear side indicators and also the metal console surround from them. I also ordered some CUSCO suspension parts. Had a few teething troubles with them due to my card being stopped by my card company because it was 'suspicious' that I was ordering a lot of stuff from Japan. As yet nothing has arrived from them but that could just be a Russian thing :)

Great communication from them and very helpful, however to be honest I got a better deal pricewise and service wise from perfectrun.com.au (also ships from Japan). I have had about 4 or 5 purchases through them and have always been very happy with prices, service and delivery times.

If you do order though, I have some other things I want and if we can combine shipping on the order that would be cool. I'll be in UK for New Year until about the 11th and will be driving near your neck of the woods on at least 2 occaisions.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'll get a quote from the place you mentioned. Can't see if they can do genuine Nissan parts or not.

Was impressed that Japanparts quoted 40% less than Newera Parts on a certain part. Impressed, but not terribly surprised... :p

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
elizium said:
yes, I have.
OK... probably that wasn't the most useful answer :)

As for Nissan parts, I ordered the folding mirror kit option, clear side indicators and also the metal console surround from them..............
Have you got a pic on the metal console surround?
Or a link perhaps?

Do these 2 companies deal with Nissan genuine parts?
I need a front inner fender. I lost mine chasing a corvette C5 on a highway doing 200km/h+ this summer :D

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
elizium said:
As for Nissan parts, I ordered the folding mirror kit option
This is exactly one of the things I'm after. Well...the auto folding mirror option... :)
Perfectrun can't get the folding mirror or any of those 'wierd parts'... but they can get standard parts.

For Yakozan - picture here:
http://www.bengoodger.com/cars/silvia/jsite/options/A5XDF.jpg
but I have the last one :)

From Perfectrun I've order a number of gaskets, bolts, pipes, etc.. all Nissan Genuine parts and they've been very very helpful.

Nicely - if you get a quote, can you also find me a quote for an S15 ECU (for Auto trans with SR20DET) and wiring harness for same...

Chris

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Don't suppose anyone's got the part number for the blanking cubby on this photo?

thats what I'm looking for :)
Is it aluminium or any other metal?
Also looking for the rings around the vents in metal.

maybe I should send them an e-mail :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
If we're talking about the same thing - the stereo blanking plate or blanking cubby - then its plastic.
Oh. I meant the metal console.
Isn't the stereo blanking plates just universal DIN plates? You could try your local car audio store.

elizium said:
Yakozan said:
Also looking for the rings around the vents in metal.
they don't have them... I already tried :(
To bad :(
but that console is good news though? How much did it cost?
Do you have a part number?

Send PM if you don't want to write on the net :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yakozan said:
Isn't the stereo blanking plates just universal DIN plates? You could try your local car audio store.
Ho, ho, ho! You make that sound so easy. :p That was exactly what I thought until I went into my local Halfrauds. They were all model specific fitments...no simple blanking plate... :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Yakozan said:
Ho, ho, ho! You make that sound so easy. :p That was exactly what I thought until I went into my local Halfrauds. They were all model specific fitments...no simple blanking plate... :rolleyes:
OK.
I thought it was simple but you proved me wrong. Imust get on of those plates to unless I want to ride around with a DIN-sized hole in my centre colsole.

A model-specifik item from another Nissan could work. Maybe one from a 200SX will do the job?

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org