What's new

Fmic choice

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys ,looking to replace my autobahn fmic got a few options just wondered what people are running and what everyone thinks.
Looking at either getting the same again a greddy LS or hdi gt2 .
Anyone using either of these and have an opinion would be great to get some info before I make up my mind...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Gonna be rebuilding pretty much the whole car so want all new bits , the cores a little bashed up but nothing serious . Just think everything else is going to be new so ....... And yeah going to be running around 4-450 hp so just wanted some opinions on other fmic before I buy a new one

Reaction score
Country
I try to only run the recognized names of manufactures that I've used in the past. I ran a Greddy LS Spec intercooler in my S14. I have nothing bad to say about it. The fitment was spot on, the quality was great, and it worked well. I know plenty of people who are running the same type on various cars, and had nothing bad to say about it.

I actually switched it up a bit, and bought a Blitz Type SE for my S15. My car has not arrived yet (should arrive by the end of the month) so I can't speak about the fitment, or how well it works. The quality from what I've seen, looks great.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info bud the blitz seems to be harder to get hold of for decent money than the others.
Seem to also be a lot of fakes about which makes things a little bit harder! Gonna have to investigate a bit further into it I think. What sort of power are you looking to run? Will be looking for around 450 on mine so need something that can easily cope with that ...

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, the Blitz piece is a bit more then the Greddy, but I've only heard good things, so I decided to try it out. I'm planning to run a top mount twin scroll, and I'm shooting for 400 or so. The intercooler is good for 450HP, and the core size is 24" X 12" X 2.75".

Reaction score
Country
I've got a blitz as well. Nice bit off kit, I'm not running big power but found the install very straightforward. The kit came with everything I needed.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sounds good guys will contact injection imports and see what prices he can get me for the various different fmic. Are there more than one version of the blitz fmic?

Reaction score
Country
I had a little look last night on blitz's website and they listed two for the s15, the SE and the CS. Only difference i could see what that the CS cooler had a coating on it for the durable shine

Reaction score
Country
Like nathf said it come in SE edition which is the cheapest. And CS (chemical shine) which is more expensive and I could see no difference between the two.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very good testament mate! Gonna look into them both, thanks for the info.
Not really fussed about shine ha ha I don't like shiny parts, will be painting the pipes and probably core when I get it