What's new

Number plates

Reaction score
Country
Im getting my aero bumper sorted out & need a smaller plate as the one I have hangs down a fair way & would cover the fmic a bit (its also cracked anyway) cause I will have to mount it in the middle of the aero bumper. I see small number plates on a lot of your cars, whats the best size to get.. that's legal?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
A standard plate is the only one that is legal, given there is no reason it can't be fitted to the front.

Reaction score
Country
No, strictly speaking the 13x7 import plates are not legal to use on the front since there is no reason why a full size plate can't be fitted. The rear obviously has a recess that will only accommodate an import plate and there is a concession that allows for that. I guess it depends on where you are but I think in general the police don't really care unless you are taking the piss.

Reaction score
Country
So its not the size of the plate its the size of the lettering & the space between those letters & numbers, so back to the original question, are the ones on a lot of the cars in this club legal or not & if they are what size is the plate?

Reaction score
Country
I got mine from www.fancyplates.com

Not the best looking website but the plates are spot on. Here's exactly what I ordered:

Fancy plate(s) : Set of plates
Font : Standard UK, Shadow : normal
Border : No border,
Logo : Miscellaneous, No logo
Front : 330x111mm (13x4.4in)
Back : 330x178mm (13x7in)
Honeycombe : no
Both white : no
Slant : no
Comments : Hi, I would like the plates to be fully legal font, colour, spacing etc. The only difference is the size as it is for a Japanese Import so I had to use this 'fancyplates' template. Front:330x111mm (13x4.4in) Rear: 330x178mm (13x7in) Please can there be no other text on the plate other than the reg itself? Thank you.
Price : £24.00

Here's how the front one sits:

Reaction score
Country
16" x 4.5" is the smallest legal plate (with 7 characters & a space) with the legal borders, character sizes etc.