Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
PhilV said:
hmm would this information be with the car manual or what? haven't got a clue! lol

but my friend just registered his Jap Import Integra DC5 and it got through ok, not a single problem! so maybe its only certain lights that cause an issue?

hopefully silvia lights not being one of them
Did your DC5 buddy change the lights?
The DC5 was sold in the US, so there is DOT-marked lights for them if that is approved.

You can always try bringing a S15 in.
Worst case scenario is that you'll have to build a mould and fit some e-marked lights to that.

Do you have a friend on the gtr forum called "ChristianR" by the way?
There is a similar topic there http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/68431-nissan-silvia-s15.html

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It has to be the taillights, get hold of some stock one and you shouldnt have an issue.

Love your car by the way :thumbs: (apart from the rear lights)

P

PhilV

just an update on this topic, I have been talking with local registration office, they will pass the car as long as the Silvia lights have the seal/are approved in Japan which they should be right?

otherthing he said is they have to be configured for a right hand drive car which theya re because they drive same side of the road in Japan as the UK so yeah, should all be good so I think i'll go through with this purchase! just need to hear from my bank on Monday!!!

:D

P

PhilV

can't wait!!! ah so excited if I get this car I will be so happy lol

BTW how much power does a Spec-R put out? he had some mods done including:

5Zigen titanium exhaust
HKS intercooler
HKS hard pipe kit
HKS sequential blow off valve
HKS induction kit

dunno if those will affect it? just curious on the BHP

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
250bhp @ fly standard in Japan.

With those mods, and taking into account the drop in RON, probably under 270 @ fly. As we always say, don't run more than 0.8 bar boost until you've had a remap for 97/8RON fuel :)