What's new

Quick Question

Reaction score
Country
Hey

So I recently picked up a fresh import S15 Spec R, and one of the things that has been bugging me and making me doubt my own purchase is that my dash has the automatic transmission light strip section on it, whilst being on a manual car.

So I'm sitting here thinking, has the dash been changed, or has the car had a transmission swap. Short of pulling the transmission apart, is there any quick way to reassure myself that I haven't been duped? Or am I just being a numpty and it's fine? I know the manuals don't have the little auto strip so ....

Here is what mine looks like(this isn't actually mine). You can see on the right hand side, by the fuel gauge, that it has the auto gear listing.

And obviously the manual variant does not have this.

Any reassurances or help would be great.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Country
Do you have a "power" switch on the center transmission tunnel next to your thigh?

Reaction score
Country
To my knowledge no, my car is away getting work done so I can't check, but if memory serves no. The only unexplained button or switch I had was on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel, and that was for the rear fog light.

Reaction score
Country
Would be odd to do a cluster swap and put an auto one in.

Reaction score
Country
I agree, I'm inclined to believe the car has had a manual conversion, it doesn't bother me too much, but I dislike trusting other peoples mechanics, I'll probably pull it apart when I get the car back and check just to reassure myself. Thanks for the responses, I know it's a bit of an odd and daft question, but if you don't ask you won't know.

Reaction score
Country
If the centre tunnel trim doesn't have a power button and it has a moulded blank, then either that's been swapped too, or its a manual

Reaction score
It's had a auto to manual swap..The VIN will confirm that or you can check the TPS,if it has 2 plugs it was an auto, just one of the easy ways to see.