What's new

FRUSTRATED! s15 offset

Reaction score
Country
I don't care if this has been covered a million times on every car forum made. I'm so frustrated! My wheels hit my calipers. so I need to buy new wheels. Can anyone pleasee tell me what offset I need for 17s or 18s to clear the front brakes..

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
All depends on what widths you want.
With a staggered 8/9 setup you'll need around a front et30 and rear et35.

But of you go wider or if the spokes are thick then you may need different et's all round.

Reaction score
Country
Offset tells you nothing about calliper clearance unfortunately. A wheel with a deeper lip will have less back space than another one of the same offset. Most Japanese designs come in high/med/low disc versions and the spec sheets will list how much lip and backspace you get with each.

Reaction score
Country
Offset tells you nothing about calliper clearance unfortunately. A wheel with a deeper lip will have less back space than another one of the same offset. Most Japanese designs come in high/med/low disc versions and the spec sheets will list how much lip and backspace you get with each.
This... Honestly it depends on the make and type of wheel that you're looking at.

Reaction score
Country
You'll just need to fit hub-centric spacers. Depending on where you are that might be illegal or if you're in NZ (or anywhere like us) then it's a mod that needs an engineering cert so make sure that's all good

Reaction score
Country
Okay thanks guys. and I'm not interested in running spacers I'd rather just buy the proper wheel set up and for this summer ill probably be getting a set of knock off te37s

Reaction score
Country
if it helps i have a 8" on the front with a 38 offset, running R34 calipers, however my wheels have a awesome arch in the spokes which allows them to clear every caliper by miles, i also have some work 8" wheels with a 35 offset but these hit the calipers due to the spoke design.. this is not one of those 1 rule for every setup kind of thing

Reaction score
Very true about wheel design, I have 18x8" fronts with + 30 offset,(XD9's) but on my track rims which are 17x8" they are +34 (Weds)...

Reaction score
Country
i purchased a set of OEM canadian 300zx wheels which are staggered unlike JDM models :) so now i can drive the car while i find a set of wheels i like and that fit