What's new

Which wheels should I get ideas?

C

cloudandy

topper

I really like the work wheels you had topper.
Wish they were still available. :wave:

Didn't you had problems with the back wheels?
Can't it be corrected or some sort?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I had problems with all the wheels, they stuck out if i run anything less than about -4 degrees of camber all round (i.e. -3, or -2), they were lovely and i would love another set as they looked awesome, but at 9j all round and ET17 offset they were just no use :no:, even with 215 rubber front and 225 rear.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hey Yakozan - I've seen some pics of your car with black mesh type alloys - are these on there now? If not, ditch the white ones and go back to those - they looked much better!
Lol
no, the black wheels will be fitted to the Skyline. I'll have a set of bronze TE37s to go on the Silvia :)
If they fit that is.
Black wheels look pretty good on black cars. But I prefer 5-6 spokes. mesh is no fun to clean :(

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its really temping but i have to wait till mid year b4 i get anything now as i just brought a civic as a runabout which hopefully i can save a bit more

Reaction score
J - not really, basically just roll the guards, use undersized tyres and a bit of camber... my friend is running 17x9+15 with 225's on the front, it scrubs a little but thats only because its lower than it should be... it depends what you want though, your welcome to use high offsets, but i personally prefer something more aggressive.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Does look good :nod:, the ET17 9j's i had fitted fine with a huge amount of camber -

But the traction was poor and was eating the inside edge of the tire, i wanted performance, i couldnt get the full use of the engine with that amount of camber, so i adjusted it, which made the wheels stick out. Whcih is a real shame as i loved those wheels :cry:

Reaction score
yeh, at the end of the day, as long as your happy then use the wheels which you like :) my friend's car i mentioned is setup for circuit racing, aligned by professional suspension shop, corner weighted, running on 245-40-17 hoosier slicks for track work... plenty of camber on the front

in the pic - using street wheels...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:nod:, and clearance is close.

Fitting a lower offset would have them sticking out, i had the same camber with 9j +17, they just looked stupid.

P

PhilV

very nice, i like ur car Topper, probs cause it looks identical to mine bar the spiler and the car colour ha ha however mine has some mesh on the little intake holes on the front bumper, might have to remove that looks a bit weird

S

S15_silvia_

they all look wicked....i love these motors....

i do like the camber look..make it look hard but will be not good for puttin power down....topper i like your car..good wheels choice too!