What's new

Which ECU to buy ?

D

DJMT3

Hey guys im new to this forum, iv owned my s15 spec R less than 2 weeks and its got a few cheeky mods on it. such as GT2871- R turbo,740cc injectors,FMIC ,tein coilovers, turbo back exhaust,custom tubular manifold, hks mushroom ect...

The thing is that when i get to a set of lights the oil pressure and revs drop drastically and stalls the engine. I have took it to a local tuning company to me called TDI north and they have said its because its running the standard ECU, does this make any sense to you lot ? before i go and shell out about 1200 quid on a ECU and map

Cheers,Matt.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Werethe mods on the car when you bought it ?
Doubt that anyone would fit that lot without getting it mapped but I could be wrong....
What ecu are you getting for that price? With those mods I would get a nistune , supplied fitted and mapped they come in about £600 and are more than good enough for your set up. Try somewhere that deals with sr's as tdi are more honda orientated . I know people who have had issues with tdi north as well.
Protuner, mb automotive, h-dev etc there are plenty of good places to take the car that really know their sr's .

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
There is no way that the ECU is standard with that spec.

Take the trim piece off and take a look at the ecu. Mine had an APEXI Power FC which looks standard from the back. I had to fully remove my ECU to find out that it was an apexi. as the top cover points to the body.

Show us a picture of it. It could even be a mines ecu or somthing like that. You will need to remove it to find out. (dont worry removing an ecu is safe & Easy, D/C the battery first)

ECU's to go for if needed is

Apexi power FC
Nistune

Reaction score
Country
Apexi power fcs are so old. Where in the world are you? I honestly haven't seen anything come close to the performance and ability of link ecus

Reaction score
Country
Apexi power fcs are so old. Where in the world are you? I honestly haven't seen anything come close to the performance and ability of link ecus
yep they are........... and so are S15's LinkG4s are brilliant if you run a circuit/ drift/ drag car but for a road car they do everything you need, and they are plug in for things like RB or Z32 AFM

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
yep they are........... and so are S15's LinkG4s are brilliant if you run a circuit/ drift/ drag car but for a road car they do everything you need, and they are plug in for things like RB or Z32 AFM

^^^This!,

Apexi Power FC runs my car fine. They are adequate for the car! if i dropped a V8 or something in mine then id get a link but they are mega £££ for value nistune and power FC's are brilliant.

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this forum, iv owned my s15 spec R less than 2 weeks and its got a few cheeky mods on it. such as GT2871- R turbo,740cc injectors,FMIC ,tein coilovers, turbo back exhaust,custom tubular manifold, hks mushroom ect...

The thing is that when i get to a set of lights the oil pressure and revs drop drastically and stalls the engine. I have took it to a local tuning company to me called TDI north and they have said its because its running the standard ECU, does this make any sense to you lot ? before i go and shell out about 1200 quid on a ECU and map

Cheers,Matt.
Could be stock ECU with Nistune

Haltec!!

Reaction score
Country
I would go by what the experienced tuners in my area deals with. Whatever they recommend I would research and decide what I'd like to do.

I've used a Power FC in the past, and I plan to do so again. It hasn't failed me in the past, so there's no real reason to change it.

D

DJMT3

Werethe mods on the car when you bought it ?
Doubt that anyone would fit that lot without getting it mapped but I could be wrong....
What ecu are you getting for that price? With those mods I would get a nistune , supplied fitted and mapped they come in about £600 and are more than good enough for your set up. Try somewhere that deals with sr's as tdi are more honda orientated . I know people who have had issues with tdi north as well.
Protuner, mb automotive, h-dev etc there are plenty of good places to take the car that really know their sr's .
yeah all the mods were on the car when i bought it, the guy who i bought it knew nothing about the car except for the modifications done by the previous owner. i had it on the dyno and was producing 303bhp at 9psi i think. ahh okay anywhere near the north west do you know?

cheers

D

DJMT3

There is no way that the ECU is standard with that spec.

Take the trim piece off and take a look at the ecu. Mine had an APEXI Power FC which looks standard from the back. I had to fully remove my ECU to find out that it was an apexi. as the top cover points to the body.

Show us a picture of it. It could even be a mines ecu or somthing like that. You will need to remove it to find out. (dont worry removing an ecu is safe & Easy, D/C the battery first)

ECU's to go for if needed is

Apexi power FC
Nistune
where abouts is the trim piece mate? is it in the footwell ?

cheers

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Will have a think and get back to you mate. The trim piece is in the passenger footwell under the glovebox on the left hand side, front pillar of the door where it hinges from

D

DJMT3

iv took it off mate, got a few pics of it, how do i upload them on here so you can see them ?

cheers,matt