What's new

rear oem spoiler fitting

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
hey guys how is the oem spoiler fitted to the bootlid? isit there pre marked holes on a boot lid without a spoiler?

pic's would be great.

Reaction score
Country
No time like the present to brush up on your measuring and marking out skills- remember measure twice cut once ;)

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
No time like the present to brush up on your measuring and marking out skills- remember measure twice cut once ;)

thats where i've been going wrong, ive been doing it the other way around, anyone who has had one fitted from the factory, would be so kind as to give me some measurements as to how their spoiler is placed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Can you not just measure off the oem spoiler and then translate that to the boot lid. If it were me I'd make a template from paper then centre it on the boot lid. Also when you drill the holes make sure you brush a bit of primer on the holes to stop it rusting, I also smeared silicon sealant around the hole to stop the water getting in. If your careful and thorough it shouldn't be any bother- just take your time and don't be ham fisted with it

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Can you not just measure off the oem spoiler and then translate that to the boot lid. If it were me I'd make a template from paper then centre it on the boot lid. Also when you drill the holes make sure you brush a bit of primer on the holes to stop it rusting, I also smeared silicon sealant around the hole to stop the water getting in. If your careful and thorough it shouldn't be any bother- just take your time and don't be ham fisted with it
i just ment how far back to place the spoiler i can easierly center it, just dont want to pull up to another S15 and realise my spoiler isn't in near where it should be

Reaction score
Country
Oh ok lol that kinda makes sense. I'd love to measure mine but unfortunately it's not here :(

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
anyone got a idea of how far back the spoiler goes on the boot lid?

Reaction score
Country
I'll meassure mine for you soon buddy :)
Someone might beat me to it though.

Might be worth finding g a boot with the spoiler and have it painted and fitted.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I'll meassure mine for you soon buddy :)
Someone might beat me to it though.

Might be worth finding g a boot with the spoiler and have it painted and fitted.
Torque Gt sourced it for me with the car so its more hassle for me to find one with both, but yeah if you manage to measure it for me that would be amazing i only need to know how far back it goes, the rest i can do myself