What's new

Found a Supra I like now but needs some TLC, is it worth going for?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

As you know I have recently started looking for a Supra as my next car. The first two I went to look at were no goes.

However I recently came across a Super advertised on the Supra owners club as well as ebay and have spoken to the guy about it.

Its got some nice upgrades and the engine bay is clean. Just needs the internal elctrics sorted as electric windows dont work and neither do the blowers.

The car has also been undersealed.

He is selling it as a lot, as he had a supra which suffered damage and then transfered the engine over to the new supra, which he is selling altogether at £5500

However he is willing to sell the working supra on its own for £4400, although I am trying to get it down to £4000

Looks like it has some potential, what do you guys rekon?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-su...8748681?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e019ec09

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate.

yeah for the time being I will be keeping the S15, as this supra will be off the road for a while, whilst it has some work done.

The idea is to finance the supra and then hopefully have it delivered via trailer to Horsham Developments and pay them to do the work over the next couple of months, if they are ok with it of course, still need to ask lol.

Once its sorted I will most likely put my S15 up for sale in June. Its had quite a few mods/upgrades done and has been well maintained, so will be looking for a reasonable amount for it.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
gees you must have deeeeeeep pockets!! I wouldnt be touching a car that badly crash damaged with a ten foot barge pole! has to be a CAT B? btw is it on the registry?

Reaction score
Country
5 speed? The 6 speed is one of the most valuable components and it is missing? I suppose 4k is ok if it only need a little electrical work, it's all a bit confusing though.

Reaction score
Country
Woah guys, Im not purchasing the crash damaged one lol. The car on the trailer is the one Im buying.

Ive spoken to the seller over the phone today and been through everything with him on the car. All documentation is there and previous MOT's etc. Ive also HPi checked the car and it hasnt been involved in any accidents.

All thats been done is an engine swap from the old damaged supra to the new supra shell as pictured.

Ive managed to get him down to £4000 for the Supra needing some elctrical work done and am going to view it shortly.

Considering it has upgraded shocks, stage 3 clutch and a preety low mileage engine, it seems like a good deal.