What's new

SPEC R for £3500 on gum tree!!!

Reaction score
Country
i have messaged the person and asked for a number and more details, if its right would clean up nice

the thing is if it looks to good to be true then it normally is!! haha

Reaction score
Country
very very cheap, cheaper than japan!!!! when something looks this good then there lies a hidden truth!!

Reaction score
Country
hi the price was a mistake its up for £5750 now....even that price makes my spec s aero for £5,000/£5,500 look dear...
but i think its still worth that....anyone think the same...lol
just dropped the price as well......pass the word the first £5,350 will buy it...check out mt photos

Reaction score
Country
omg its not a spec r its a spec ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...lol he must of made a few typing errrors!!! now a t reg spec s with 114k at £5,750 ..

my spec s aero is 2001 with 48k and im asking £5,500 mmmmmmmmmm my car looks a lot better value i think...lol

John-

Reaction score
Country
Looks like a spec R to me.
If its legit its a good deal! I've also messaged him as he might be fairly local.

Reaction score
Country
I would have said that is an R, doesn't the S have some horribly large air box on it? shame there isn't a picture of the pillar gauge

John-

Reaction score
Country
yeah, the pipework looks different, it's definitely a turbo engine, as you can see the pipework and the factory boost gauge sender.
matt1966 I'm unsure as to what makes yours an aero and the one in question not? you have the same amount of aero kit. if anything neither of them are because they don't have the front bumper or rear spats?

Reaction score
Country
no front bumper or rear spats= Definitely not an aero.

although when i imported my car i found out something interesting- the aero front bumper was an extra on the optional extra aero kit :s work that out lol

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Its got the correct speedo cluster for a Spec R - silvery background.

Reaction score
Country
Okay just had an email from the guy and he has had a lot of interest no surprise!! Haha
it's a turbo and has mot and tax and some history all trials welcome and AA and RAC checks at buyers own cost!!
I think he had no idea what it was worth..
He has people coming to see it this week so someone is going to get a bargain :)
Unless I get there first!! Haha

Last edited:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I picked up my series 2 stagea RS4V (top spec bar the manual RB2.6 GTR version) on similar grounds some old chap had it up for sale on Ebay for £1700!!!

On the forum peeps were saying avoid. I went to see it and it was ****ing mint!!! didnt even try to drop him down :) best buy i made in years. Was going to sell it on but i love it haha!!

Reaction score
Country
my brother has the 2.5 series1 stagea in oz and its awsome :)

well i have arranged to see it friday if he doesnt sell it before that so ill keep you posted!! i have done a hpi and it has come back clean no damage or theft!! so ill have a good look over it, if i get to see it..

Reaction score
Country
no front bumper or rear spats= Definitely not an aero.

although when i imported my car i found out something interesting- the aero front bumper was an extra on the optional extra aero kit :s work that out lol
Original 'Aero' cars only had the skirts and rear wing, Spec S Aero also got the oil pressure gauge as an extra.

Its got the correct speedo cluster for a Spec R - silvery background.
Same as a Spec S then. People seem to hugely overstate the differences between the S and R.

Reaction score
Country
Original 'Aero' cars only had the skirts and rear wing, Spec S Aero also got the oil pressure gauge as an extra.
Yep, mine's a '99 Aero (according to the code on the VIN) and only has the skirts and wing. Whether the spats/front bumper were options or added later as standard I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Country
Nah, there are plenty of 2002 Aero cars without them. Safe to say the spats and front bumper were always cost extras.