Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked
    a couple of people have mentioned ARB's, i always thought the oem Spec-R ARB's were great?

Liked
    For me it's a refresh of anything that's worn or on it's way out.

Then it's suspension -> brakes/drivetrain -> power

That's how I've planned my build. I've learn a lot over the years, and for me, this makes the most sense.

Liked
    Thanks very much for the advice everybody
    Ive asked torgue gt to try and source me an aero front bumper and side skirts as it definately will need them
    Im also contemplating a big brake upgrade as i love big brakes thinking about the k sport 356mm 8 pot front kit behind some 18" xxr 527's as the 330mm kit just doesnt look big enough. I reckon power can take a back seat for a couple of months but will definately get a new intake with a cone filter

Liked
    be prepared to pay big $$$$ for a genuine aero front bumper if its new, second hand good condition also go for heaps and there aren't that many of them around

Liked
    I'd settle for a great condition used bumper, didnt know you could still get them new tbh. The aero bumper transforms the front of the car in my opinion

Liked
    New from nissans they are er hum 1000. Torque gt got mine supplied and painted 2nd hand for 350 without fogs. But someone on here is selling fogs for like 30 so I'd buy them as they will probably be cheaper than what torque gt will charge for them. Think there are also still some good replica ones on here for sale too

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by NathF View Post
    I'd settle for a great condition used bumper, didnt know you could still get them new tbh. The aero bumper transforms the front of the car in my opinion
    I agree with you.
    Last edited by rapid200sx; 08-07-2018 at 04:55.

Liked
    Lots of good advice!

Basically you got to try and plan ahead and decide what power to aim for and your budget!

•Service it first with decent oil, 10w40 for summer and 5w40 for winter, use good oil and stick with it! Change your spark plugs for grade 7's ngk (either copper bcpr7es gapped to .8mm or platinums iridium a etc)
    fuel filter, diff oil (any good diff oil of 75w90) and gearbox oil (redline shockproof lightweight, its blue)
    check the brakes and replace if necessary!

then drive it stock for a while!

Then start making it Faster! Realistically these things are as fast and as fun as you'll need, with these things fitted:

Apexi intake, full 3" exhaust, FMiC (autobahn get good reviews), walbro fuel pump, electronic boost controller, remap to suit 1.2 bar. Depending on condition of your clutch it may not last too long at that power.

So yeah, you got lots of money to spend, and remember but once and so it right

S15 spec R Pearl yellow - Sold
    New JDM wagon.... Nissan Cube Autech Rider

Liked
    Big brakes are a good idea. Don't go too ott though as it will limit your wheel choice should you ever want to change. I'm struggling a little with 345mm willwoods as I can't run many 17" rims now

Liked
    Thanks again guys
    Damn thats expensive for a bumper! A new bumper for my astra was 299 lol. Power isnt the biggest plan for me atm, im more inclined to have the car looking amazing and show worthy. It may not be as fast and both my mates turbo'd supra's but it can look better lol
    As soon as i get the car i will do a full service. I work in a garage anyway so luckily i have access to my ramp which will make things easier I used Fuchs Titan pro race s oil in my astra turbo, is this any good in the sr20's? Also is 10w40 the best oil grade is it it just down to personal preference? Where's the best place to get my service bits, nissan themselves?
    I definately wana get a new intake! Cheapest place for an Apexi setup?
    Looking to buy some 18" xxr's and the 330mm setup looks tiny behind them lol, plus more stopping is always a good thing