What's new

Everyone please read and comment

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
just wanna get an idea where and how everyone has found out about S15OC from and what do you think about it ?

D

Derek

I was kidnapped while sleeping one night and ended up here. Now i'm here its not so bad i suppose.. :)

G

Get_Real

bullied

I was bullied into joining! Utterly harrassed and hounded! :rolleyes: :p :D

Like Derek said.......its not soooooo bad now :wave:

Well, actually, found out about it from being a member of SXOC.CO.UK.

Reaction score
well before buying one i thought id do some research and googled s15 and the forum came up, didnt even know it existed till then :eek:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
come on guys where is everyone today how comes no comments what do u think of the forum then guys good enough need any improvements??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I feel that its lost popularity with our Aussie and Kiwi friends :( Probably because there's a lot of Euro focus going on?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i duno i think there is less aussie msging on here aswel maybe its still a bit down at the moment as its winter still and not much going on...its like summer over there they are having fun while we are frezzing our butts off

Reaction score
Hi guys :wave:

I found the forum via the SXOC forum after seeing Nicely's car at the photo shoot. Another compliment for you Nicely :D

I must admit the subject title of this posting doesn't initially draw us to provide feedback on the forum. However, after speaking with Nicely back in December when we met up I now understand why the forum was created and separated from the SXOC. I initially couldn't understand why this was.

Honestly, I like the forum. I would like to add some additional feedback to help us progress further.

How about organising some of the areas in the forum like "For Sale" into sections that divide off into Parts, Cars etc (like the SXOC site)?

I like one of the Aussie forums where they have approved documents and articles for readers. That would be useful because I'm forever seeing on the SXOC bulletin board the same questions being asked and when trying to research items its a mine field. Nicely and others have made a good contributions to this by providing such articles. These I feel are more important to us and future new members wanting to know about the S15. One idea I had with Kango_V is to do an article on the real differences between the Spec-S and Spec-R (with photos etc.)

Got to dash but will think about it more and provide additional comments

Blinx :thumbs:

K

kieran

cos im old school i was around when you guys decided to make the forum.........twice :thumbs:

you are all a friendly bunch even when we all went to the drifting and i nbrought my very miserable girlfriend lol

personally there isnt enough traffic on here always to keep it interesting, thats not a critisism (sp) but the site hasnt develpoed enough yet, i reckon this year will see it blossom though :thumbs:

The web design is good, there is loads of usefull info, perhaps we just need to start getting out there at meets etc get the site name about abit :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
S15 buying is rocketting in the UK and Ireland :nod: Just wish there was some way to make it more appealing to the Antipodeans. Bit difficult to compete against the likes of NS.com and NS.co.nz when they both have ready made S15 markets.

Reaction score
Nissan made a vital mistake in not having the Silvia S15 available in the UK :nod:

I have had the Spec-S since late November and I have been very surprised how many people have given me compliments about how the car looks and that's just in standard form.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i really wanna try and get a proper S15 meet up this year and get a feature aswell was originally planed to get a j-tuner feature but that fell throw as they never contacted me back i will try the others like banzai and jap performance or others and see what i can do

K

kieran

ming had you thought about getting them to a rolling road day..........they like things like that? i hear what your saying nicley, and id have to agree, but i do find the australian site slow? have we any american guests?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The NS.com is slow because its on the opposite site of the planet to the UK. The Internet takes a while to get there and back. This site is based in the US, so its about equal times for the UK and Oz.

K

kieran

lol cool, see this site i fond ok usually other than the problems a little while back :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
ming had you thought about getting them to a rolling road day..........they like things like that? i hear what your saying nicley, and id have to agree, but i do find the australian site slow? have we any american guests?
yeh i have done but not many of us are ready for a rolling road yet as most havent finished what they have planed
i myself have got things i wanna do b4 a rolling road aswell i would think mid yr i will sort something out hopefully...i will have things sorted out by then...cuz i really need a remap kit and wheels hehhe all not cheap

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can't really remember how I first found this forum. Must be from the SXOC I think.
My memory is shot to pieces, some of my friend refer to me as "Goldfish" because of the lack of my short-term memory (especially after a couple of hard nights out on pubs) :wack:

Approved artivles would be a nice feature, but I think that our "useful threads" section is comming along nicely.
Maybe just try to organise the threads better so it's easier to find what you're looking for. Opinions?

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
As a newbie I can probably give you an opinion of the site on a kinda first impressions basis if thats of any use.

First of all tho, I found the site through a google search of "S15OC" in hope that there was actually an OC out there for the car. Luckily for me there was and here we are :thumbs:. I was already aware of SXOC (as everyone is!!!!) so that was going to be my next port of call for S15 info.

First impressions:

The people:

Extremely friendly and welcoming and not to mention very helpfull. admitidly, ive not got my technical questions out just yet so you will all be tested very soon :thumbs:

The info:

Very very uselfull indeed. Search function works :thumbs: and all the basic info i have been after with regards to S15 ownership has been answered without having to clog up the forum with the same old questions.

The site:

Not bad, but even as a newbie its noticable on how quite the place is with only probably 5 or 6 propper hardcore regulars posting up on a daily basis. Obviously as the S15 becomes more popular (which it will!!) then obviously that will change with more and more members signing up :thumbs: My only other comment is with regards to how the site looks (i fully expect to get a right flaming for this!!!!) BUT, it could just do with jazzin up a bit :eek: :eek: If you look at the likes of SXOC, GTIROC, GTROC, Nissansilvia.com etc, they all run very nice looking and welcoming site with portal into the info and forums. Now i know this cost money but i do believe its something that should be looked at in the future to attract more members. Lets face it, Looks do count, as well as personality!!!! Its amazing the difference a revamp of the GTIROC site and made when it came to attracting new members. This did cost us money tho which is why we went down the paid membership route charging 20 notes for the first year and then ?10 after.... HOWEVER, I cant see that working here just yet but maybe something to consider later down the line to get the club some financial backing :thumbs: How about a donation scheme via pay pal to help with the hosting cost etc???

The future. S15OC needs to get out there!! As more members come in then maybe seperate area sections in the forums, Area reps to help run them, S15 national days, club organised track days, rolling road shoot outs, Mag features etc. With time im sure it will all come together if everyone chips in and helps out. Im willing to do my bit should it be required :thumbs:

Overall tho, Not bad, could be improved and every one has to strive to achieve that :thumbs:

J.