Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yakozan said:
but I think that our "useful threads" section is comming along nicely.
Maybe just try to organise the threads better so it's easier to find what you're looking for. Opinions?
Bit like this :)

http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?p=8

I take the points about making the site look better. I have ideas in the pipeline which have been discussed by the Admins. I want to make the home page into a Joomla! front end. This will make it look a lot better and allow it to be updated very easily and from anywhere in the world (with the right permissions). For the forum, I want to change it to either vBulletin or Invision. The popular choice from a recent poll was vBulletin.

HOWEVER. All costs are currently met by me. This includes hosting and software. Joomla! is open source, which makes it free. vBulletin isn't free. When the new stuff is in place, a subscription option will become available. This will be purely voluntary and work similar to NS.com's subscription. This will be the only source of income to the club. We cannot ask for advertising or traders fees quite simply because there is not enough traffic or business here at the moment. All forums start small and grow, but I don't expect this one to get anywhere near the size of the SXOC (12600 members) and NS.com (27400 members).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I got here through the SXOC to begin with, although at that time there was no S15OC, i became freinds with Ming to begin with, we grew quite close, unfortunatly for the wrong reasons :indiff: , the more i picked Nicelys brain the closer we grew (yes, i know this is getting quite soppy and worrying). I was one of the ones that doubted the requirement for this site :rolleyes:, however i'm glad Ming didnt listnen to us and went ahead anyway :thumbs:

The layout was chosen by the mods from the list of available options, and i must admit, i pushed for this one. The reason being i find it very simple to follow, if the site was to suceed the info would need to be accessable easily, something i think this layout, and site, do very well.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Of course, the traffic has gone through the roof today now Topper's back off his Christmas break and catching up... :p

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Of course, the traffic has gone through the roof today now Topper's back off his Christmas break and catching up... :p
I noticed that too. Thought a spam-bot had gone through the security clearance when i saw all the new posts :)

J

Jono

:eek: I thought this was the SKYLINE owners club? ...... oh dear, sorry! :rolleyes:

Ha ha, not really, I was told about the club by the guys at Torque Imports when I first found and foolishly test drove the car. It was this place that convinced to buy a car that 48hrs before I knew nothing about. I'd seen a picture of one once for sale in the back of Banzai but that was it!

I like the site, especially the 'regulars' as it's a friendly crowd. My attendence has dwindled somewhat of late but that's been down to increased responsibility at work (I got promoted :D ) and a period of ill-health.

I'd definately like to meet up a bit more often... not at MacDonalds :p but like we did at the D1. That was a great day out in every respect, the run to silverstone, meeting up as an exclusive little club, meeting the rest of you :eek: and of course the drifting itself. Topped of by S15's winning the day :thumbs:

More meets, a 'zine feature and perhaps some more merch too... I want an S15 T-Shirt! :cool:

Oh and of course my input wouldn't be complete withoput thanking everyone, especially Nicely, for all the technical support over the months :wave:

A

Autech_NZ

Hi, to be honest i can't remember how i found this site, probably a google search.

I like the site, plenty of good info and has the advantage of all the info being exclusive to s15's over the bigger sites.

I think it will always be hard to attract regular nz and aus members as we already have wicked silvia sites established and the base of s15oc is predominantly europe which rules out meets and the like.

as for improvements for the future, i think having a few more pics/backgrounds around the forums would brigten things up, maybe have a few that are on rotation to keep things dynamic?

keep it up :thumbs:

Tim

G

gunner93

I first heard of it when my friend wanted to sell me his Buddy Club P1 Racing asked me to see a pic of one S15 fitted with similar wheels. I logged in and decided to make it my new home.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Sorry - continuing an old thread by the looks of it!

I found this site by search engine and it did a few good things for me from the outset:

1. Provided tons of invaluable info about the S15 which is pretty much non-existent (at least in the UK).

2. Moved my intention of buying an S15 forward by about a year!

3. Allowed me to make some good friends online and it's great I can trust everyone's judgment, suggestions and advice (awwww - cue violins lol).

I take S15OC for what it is and at the moment, it's a good blend of spot on advice about virtually anything S15 related and some day to day chat stuff - nothing heavy.

It's not like SXOC but I'm quite happy it isn't. SXOC is supposed to cater for all the SX/Silvia community but when I introduced myself with pics and info of my car, I got... 2 welcome messages. I think it's clicky and full of people going on and on about how nice some old S13 antique is and they are obviously about as up-to-date and accepting as my great-grandad. Ok - rant over! I know some of you are a big part of SXOC so take it as a very personal opinion!

Back to S15OC - not huge number of members but being UK based I can't blame it on anything except for the fact that there are not enough cars and owners!

Since I've owned the car, I can't believe how many nice comments I get - nearly everytime I'm in town or pootling to/from work. The petrol station is a good one lol... and the fact that so many people don't know what it is provides the big clue as to why they haven't been as popular to import as Supras, Skylines and Scoobs.

I guess on the one hand it's nice to have a rare car but you pay the price that there isn't going to be a big community like most of the other Jap performance cars but I can live with that.

Would be good to meet an owner for real though before we enter the next decade hehe :D

James

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
you know its so good to know everyone is happy with the site/forum its couldnt of become anything without u guys a really big thanks to nicely now as he watches over everything on the forum aswell as our other admin but iam glad that my idea is leading on to become something which is know around the uk/world aswell....hoping this will be around for sometime aswell even tho one day if one day i do sell up my beloved S15 this forum will go on and become even better than it is

I never at first did think it would become such a good thing but its better than i thought now lots of ppl coming for info and were not a up ur ass site and dont like ppl we just chat about life in a good way.....unlike how some ppl see us as S15 owners stuck up cuz we own a 12k worth 200sx in there minds but its not just about what u own its what it is....not how much it cost
but many thanks to everyone which is playing part of being thr family and being here :thumbs:

Reaction score
I was told that pics of my car had been posted on this site,so I took a look and joined.Its a great site full of cool cars friendly people and great advice,keep it up guys.How bout a Max Power or Redline advert to promote the club or maybe something that can be put on your car?:)

P

Paddy mack

well before buying the s15, I took a wee trip around the web to get some info on our weapon of choice, and discovered sxoc and from there i found this place, and i think its the craic (crack), couldn't rant:rant: on enough about. its the cats pajamas!:notworthy:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
hmmm i found via google i think, i was looking for s15's for sale and then this came up

Thought id join up and see what its all about, im a bit of a posting w'ore so im sure when i get mine i will be on here and posting up pics alllllllllot more!!! :D :D

Im also pretty random too so im sure i'll be able to entertain you all with my spam lol.