What's new

Coming out of Hibernation?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys

For those of you that are in the UK and keep the S15 under raps over the crappy winter months, when are you thinking about bringing it out of hibernation?

Winter wasn't that bad this year and not much grit was put down, so I'm thinking about getting it back on the road soon, maybe end of the month :D

Reaction score
Country
I have a sneaky suspicion the wether is going to get worse before it gets better. It's standard that it snows in this country at least once a year. I think she may get a blast on the odd dry day but will probably be end of April till it's gets a good run out

Reaction score
Country
get it out now and if it snows enjoy some rearwheel action haha

i think that we can expect a late winter...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah maybe wishful thinking, its under a cover with the battery out and I need to swap over my ignition loom, so can't really just jump in it for a drive if we get the odd dry day.

Might at least install the loom if we get a nice day, one less thing to do.

Reaction score
Country
If I were a betting man, I'd say the real winter is yet to come. Don't forget it's not that uncommon to see snow in April!

My 15 has never been on the road yet but hoping to have it out some time in April.

Reaction score
Country
Yes my S15 was braved through the winter. Wasn't driven from November-January but still outside ha! Will be getting myself a banger for next winter me thinks..

Reaction score
Country
Mine's on the road every day, wish I had the option to keep it undercover through the winter, especially with all the crap down here on the south west coast at the moment too, but I don't. The colder air is good for free bhp though :D

Reaction score
Country
Had no choice but to use mine yesterday. Wife needed the daily. Dont mind so much in the rain its the salt i really hate.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yep cooler air makes a difference but if wet you just spin it away :(

Same here, salt is the killer don't mind the wet so much.

Reaction score
Country
March at the earliest with mine. Saying that it's stashed on the parents drive currently as the garage is leaking badly.

Reaction score
If you come to Australia you can drive all year round, and in fact we look forward to Winter and the denser air...:nod:

Reaction score
Country
Bringing mine home from storage this weekend to fit parts :), been driving a clio all winter so can't wait to get back in something with more than 2bhp!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
fired mine up last weekend, started first time this year. I did take the battery out and left it in dry storage so that made a massive difference. Also swapped out my coil pack ignition loom with a new one which I hopping will solve the stutter problem I had. Will take it for a drive this weekend I think :)

Reaction score
Country
Brought mine to work today really missed driving it shame all I did was sit in traffic