What's new

R.I.P DeanS15's old car

Reaction score
Country
Firstly apologies to the current owner if your on here but I can't remember who bought it!

Just seen that JDM Garage are breaking Deans old car!

For the newer people who don't know, this was an amazing car, countless hours and money went into it producing one if the cleanest, best examples in the UK.

Unfortunately this is the risk you take when you part ways with your pride and joy, not quite sure on the extent of the damage but a lot if decent parts are for sale.

Sadly the photos in his old thread don't work and I'm on my phone atm so can't post any photos, but here is the link.

http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/6573-Dean-s-S15

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What a shame, I met Dean years back when I collected his original SPEC R body parts up from his house. The car was incredibly clean!

This time of year is always treacherous for rear wheel drive cars like the S15, road conditions can catch anybody out.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Have you seen the price of some of the parts?? They want 2k for his engine? And 175 for frnot ARB.

Im interested in a few of the bits but not at those prices!

I would be so pissed off if I sold my car and it got smashed.

Reaction score
You can pick up a forged motor for less that 2k, some of those parts will be for sale for some time I'm guessing.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I emailed the advertiser on eBay and this is the response. Explains why JDM garage had it.

Hi Sam,

It's my car & I'm married to Paul the owner of JDM Garage so that's why I am advertising it through his company as well. All information on the parts which I am selling at the moment are on the listings. I would be willing to accept offers near to the asking price, but as things are selling off the car really quickly I am not looking to drop a great deal on the price. Although would be happy to come to some sort of deal for multiple items. For the 3 items you are interested in I would be happy to sell them for £350 delivered.

Kind regards
Natalie

- lauraaxford

Reaction score
Country
I emailed the advertiser on eBay and this is the response. Explains why JDM garage had it.

Hi Sam,

It's my car & I'm married to Paul the owner of JDM Garage so that's why I am advertising it through his company as well. All information on the parts which I am selling at the moment are on the listings. I would be willing to accept offers near to the asking price, but as things are selling off the car really quickly I am not looking to drop a great deal on the price. Although would be happy to come to some sort of deal for multiple items. For the 3 items you are interested in I would be happy to sell them for £350 delivered.

Kind regards
Natalie

- lauraaxford
Lauraaxford on ebay is jdmgarage. it wasnt "her" car. They bought it off off a guy in kent for breaking. The car had been stolen and crashed not far down the road. (Banana'd). When the car was recoved the owner dint want it obvestly so sold it on after insurance. (i know this cause he also had a white s15 for sale which my mate bought. at the same time we saw this car in his garage)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
It's nice to see that people care that my car was crashed thanks all :) it's odd how many people were gutted when they found out I guess they knew what the car meant to me...

I sold the car when We had our little boy as it wasn't seeing enough use to justify keeping it even though I didn't want to sell. I don't think it was stolen, just crashed shortly after I sold it. I must admit I was pissed but the fact is someone could of died and that outweighed the importance of the car being in one piece. I'd had my money for it (which to be honest wasn't enough) but what's done is done and can't be undone. I will say that anyone looking for parts would do well to buy them (for a sensible price) the s14 clutch and flywheel was pretty much new as was the condition of the exhaust and pretty much everything else. The coilovers were mint and didn't knock, the arms were near new and everything had been stripped and painted or powder coated but I won't vouch for condition NOW as it may have been sat the last 18 months outside, I just don't know. The turbo hadn't seen more than 5k and the engine was the sweetest quietest sr I've ever known. Also the diff was spot on - the brakes were all mint freshly painted and rebuilt with new pads and lines too. I probably put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into that car and have the scars to prove it lol.

I loved doing it and in years to come might even do it again if my boy takes an interest in cars, I also miss being part of this community too as I met some lovely people through owning the car many of who I keep in touch with to this day.

i just the other day sold/gave away the last remaining bits I had to a member on here, another nice guy, so for now I have absolutely nothing left of the car apart from a number plate, hundreds of pics, some scars and good memories :)

Reaction score
Country
Good to see you are positive about it all dean. I've got my eye on some of the parts so your car will still live on, just spread over a lot of other 15s which is definitely better than it being weighed in or whatever :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
It's always sad to see something that someone put so much time and effort into ending up like that, and we all know how much Dean loved that car.

Knowing that my S15 has just been sold for the second time since I parted with her about a year ago, I hope mine (can I say mine given its not actually mine anymore?) does not suffer the same fate.

It is odd how although you don't own the car anymore you still feel very attached to it due to all the work, time and effort you put it.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Not telling you Chris, as I'm trying to negotiate with her on prices for a few ofthe bits! Some of them are way too high! £155 for front ARB, its only $100 new from the states, so £60.

but I don't think they are anywhere but eBay and JDM garage site.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate. Couldn't see anything on the site. Chances are I won't be interested in any of the parts because I've done 90% of the usual mods already...